Big Decision...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Great news! Matt and I have made a big decision - we chose our adoption agency and submitted our application and application fee. We will (if they approve us) be working with American Adoptions! Find out more about them HERE.

Now we are on the hunt for a home study agency - our adoption agency conducts home studies in some states, but not ours. However, they did refer to us a few, so we'll be choosing that next - hopefully by this week. I've got a few emails out to agencies asking for more information.

We've also been researching how to fund this adoption as well - there are a lot of grants that are offered through religious organizations, as well as benevolence funds, but I have to be honest, it's been discouraging because the grants are typically given to prospective adoptive families who make a little less than us. It seems like we are right on that cusp where we make too much to qualify for most grants and yet we make too little to fund it totally on our own. I am keeping my worrisome nature in check by reminding myself that God is the ultimate provider - He can make a way, where there is no way!

We're on our way. This is starting to feel surreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground