I love vintage baby clothes and books, so I was super excited when my mom brought down a box of baby clothes, blankets and stuffed animals that had belonged to me.
Side bar: At what age is something defined "vintage"? Because there are clothes that are now in second hand stores from the late 80's called vintage, and CDs from the early 90's are vintage... so at 32, does that make me vintage? I'm the same age as those baby clothes and blankets. ACK!
Ok back to the task at hand, so obviously since I am a female, all of the clothes are for a little girl, and most of the blankets and stuffed animals are, well feminine! Take a look:
Left to right: Cream sweater knit by my paternal grandmother Nana Gladys, multicolor sweater also knit by Nana, a yellow vintage dress, cream sweater cape by Nana, jean dress made by Nana, tag inside jean dress (cute, huh?), two cotton nightgowns, pink dress and pink shirt and bloomers with plastic liner, all store bought, but still pretty darn cute!
Vintage baby blankets, all belonging to me. My Nana Gladys made the one in the bottom left - in fact the larger version is the one I slept with for over 20 years. (Yep still own it, don't judge me!)
We have also bought some items - a car seat, stroller, some burp cloths and a few cute onesies. My friend Tonya purchased a car seat pad from Padalily and a car seat toy for my birthday, plus a cute book she read to her son. Here is a picture of the new stuff:
Left to right: Calvin Klein and Nike onesies courtesy of TJ Maxx (on sale for $10 and $8!); three white Gap onesies and 2 knit pants free from the church closet (we all donate gently used items to the church and then "borrow" from it as needed, cool huh?); the car seat toy and pad from my friend Tonya; the softest burp cloths from Little Grey House; the car seat from Babies R Us.
Left to right: Calvin Klein and Nike onesies courtesy of TJ Maxx (on sale for $10 and $8!); three white Gap onesies and 2 knit pants free from the church closet (we all donate gently used items to the church and then "borrow" from it as needed, cool huh?); the car seat toy and pad from my friend Tonya; the softest burp cloths from Little Grey House; the car seat from Babies R Us.
I also cleaned out a used book store last weekend. They had Disney books on sale - 5 for $1, plus most baby books were 50 cents or $1 a piece. Where The Wild Things Are and Dear Mili were mine from childhood. Here is the loot:


Also, we just received ANOTHER present for Baby M - also from Little Grey House - from my friend Jessica. This time it was a personalized burp cloth:

And this awesome ugly doll that my friend Laura made for us!
(The Where The Wild Things Are animal was mine)

So stinkin cute. Baby stuff is sort of addictive!
(The Where The Wild Things Are animal was mine)
So stinkin cute. Baby stuff is sort of addictive!
"Vintage" has flair and sass, so I think being vintage is pretty awesome. And look at it this way, you have a while before you reach "antique!"
ReplyDeleteLove Audrey
So super cute. I did pops of red too. My husband was concerned I would make a McDonald's nursery, but I think it's a fantastic baby color. I love your vintage stuff! Baby M already has the HOOK UP!
ReplyDeleteHippos Go Berserk is Noah's favorite book right now. I can recite the entire book to you, we read it 4 times a day. Good purchase. and cute stuff! I can't wait to see your baby in all of it! Unless it's a boy.
ReplyDeleteSo precious...I cried. Family items & heirlooms is the deepest form of love there is. You are blessed Kara & the Lord has got to honor your sacrifices....He really is that good!
ReplyDeleteJessie - yeah the clothes are only if Baby M is a girl. Otherwise we'll just keep them for kid #2 or #3. :)
ReplyDelete