Image via
I used to be a big new year's resolutions kind of person - I'd make a list, put it up on my bathroom mirror and then talk about it non stop to keep me motivated and accountable. And then about 2 weeks into February, I'd fail. Normally, I would create some sort of lofty goal for me to accomplish in the next 12 months. One year it was to write a novel (I have a masters in creative writing, so this isn't too crazy, but I was working full-time!); one year it was to lose 20 pounds (who am I kidding); another year it was to go to Africa, exercise 5 times a week and read the entire Bible. Obviously, those are all huge goals, which is why I failed.
So for the past two years I have not made big resolutions, but instead listed out smaller goals or visions for myself. Last year it was "1. More time with God. 2. More time with Matt. 3. More time for myself." I also made some sacrifices: I abstained from sugar and alcohol during the week leading up to Lent and then the entire 40 days of Lent. I also didn't use the Internet at all on Mondays.
And it worked! I was able to accomplish all of those things without failing. Maybe the goals were too small, maybe I chose something too easy, but I focused on what was important to me - God, Matt, taking care of my body and letting my mind have a break from the chaos that the Internet, Facebook (and the like) create.
So for 2011, here are my New Year's "Resolutions":
1. No sugar or alcohol during the week leading up to Lent, and none during Lent. (same as last year)
2. Be intentional - about God, Matt, my friends, my family.
And more importantly, here are the 3 things I hope for in 2011:
1. Baby M to come home!
2. Deeper relationships with my husband and God.
3. To stop planning and just live in the moment.
PS - Thanks to our Wives Club creator, Jessie, for having us create the "things we hope for in 2011" lists last night!
PPS - What do you think of the new look of the blog? The fantastic Anna of The Colorful Living Project helped inspire it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for commenting!!