As I told you yesterday, Matt and I drove to Raleigh to shop at H&M. And this was all Matt's idea.
He had been saving his dollars for a snowboarding trip to Salt Lake City and over calculated his costs by a lot - so he has some left over to spend once he got home. Last October, for my birthday, Matt had planned on taking me to H&M to get some new clothes, but then my car broke down and there our dollars went. So when he figured out that he had a little extra cash left over from his SLC trip, he proposed we do a little Valentine's Day Weekend excursion to get both of us some new digs! What a nice hubby! We really like H&M because its more our style clothing, but nice AND cheap.
Here are some pictures! We started to shop for me first - Matt knew it would take twice as long for me to shop than him, so he let me browse for a while while he looked in the men's section, then I headed to the dressing room:
 |
| Yippee! We're here! |
 |
| First shirt to try on. It looked so cute on the hanger, but awful on me. I do love the color yellow though! |
 |
| This dress is a size 6! It's a miracle. They must run big or something. I bought it - great find! |
 |
| Same dress but in leopard print and a size too big. I liked the other one better. |
 |
| Mah fav dress. The belt is faux leather so I'll be using my other wide black belt with it. I love this dress! |
 |
The shirt and the jeans were a bust. I just cannot wear bubble gum pink. I look like a Barbie doll in that color. Not good. And the jeans had that ruching thing on the thighs making me look 20 lbs. heavier. No. Thank. You.
I also tried on a pair of seersucker pants, but the picture is too awful to post. This was the end of my dressing room time for a while. I wanted to let Matt shop...
 |
| Matt shopping for some casual button downs. |
I had been hounding Matt to buy a "grandpa cardigan" for quite some time and he finally found one! | | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Dressing room time for Matt. The rooms are unisex so I got to sit outside and see what he was trying on. |
 |
| LUV this shirt. I was skeptical of purple on Matt but he looks great. He also got these super skinny jeans. |
 |
| The grandpa cardigan was cute, but too big. Matt decided to pass. |
 |
| Matt also tried on two dress shirts, a blue/cream striped hooded cardigan and a black cotton jacket. But he was over the picture taking. ;) |
 |
| Success! Look at the size of that bag. My hubs is a doll ain't he?!? |
 |
| Happy wife! Three new dresses for me and a whole lotta new stuff for my hubs. Better clothing trip for him than for me, but he also hinted that I could get a pair of Toms - I've been asking for a pair for over a year! |
 |
| I forgot to take a picture of this in the dressing room. This is the third dress I bought. I can't wait to wear it this summer with some gold sandals and some great jewelry! It looks a lot better in person, I promise! |
We left Raleigh around 4:45pm and got home around 6:30pm. We were pretty hungry so I cooked some chicken with roasted red pepper, onion and garlic sauce with spinach and roasted potatoes. It was a great dinner (I'm not bragging here, but it was one of my best cooking experiments to date!) and we ate, watched some Top Gear (we're seriously obsessed with that show) and kissed/cuddled all evening.
 |
| I am a lucky lady. |
I am so blessed to have such a kind and sweet husband. Tomorrow we're going on our Valentine's dinner date, so more pictures to come PLUS I'm telling our love story on Monday. Should be fun!
Love and Blessings to you and yours!
so fun! i LOVE that first dress. and i would love your recipe. that sounded amazing
ReplyDeleteGreat. Now I have to find time to drive to Raleigh. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this story but my selfish, shopping heart just have to say..."We have an H&M in Raliegh?!?!?!" Why on earth did I wait for a trip to NYC to partake of all its fasionable but cheap goodness? Now, if anyone knows anything else in Raliegh that would convince my husband that its worth the trip....
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love all of those dresses - you're so beautiful! I agree with Lorni, share that recipe please!
ReplyDelete