I missed last week's Product Thursday due to my flight being delayed/crazy day, so this week I'm going to review TWO items!
Our first product is the Coco Stylewood Baby Lounger by Bloom
I noticed this aerodynamic baby bouncer/seat a few months ago when I was purchasing a crib mattress with my mom at Bellini - this fancy baby boutique in the heart of the "old money" neighborhood in our city. My girlfriend Tonya recommended buying one of their lightweight mattresses - they were designed to be super light so you could change the sheets on them easily. Totally worth the money for a 3 a.m. crib sheet change. But, I digress...
As we were looking around the fancy-pants boutique, I noticed a few high tech baby things, the baby lounger being one of them. The minute I started to read the tag (and the price - $250!), the manager popped over to coo about how essential this item is for baby's happiness. Hahah. Gotta love a good sales person.
Here is what Bloom's lounger boasts:
iconic design
curved, single-piece frame with cosy comfort seat
perfect for contemporary living spaces
smooth, self-rocking motion
5 point padded safety harness, adjustable for growing baby
micro-suede/leatherette seat pad available in vibrant colours for easy cleaning and maximum comfort
The description makes me laugh - there seems to be a whole lot of emphasis on its looks (iconic design, perfect for contemporary living spaces, vibrant colors) and not so much on how it helps soothe my screaming kiddo. Honestly, I can't see much of a difference between it and something like this below - except this one is ugly as sin and about $40 :)
Our next product for this week is the MamaRoo Infant Seat by 4moms.
After watching the demos I was actually a little smitten although the price gives me heartburn ($200).
I want to register for one though - maybe a few gift cards and some cash of my own can get me one!
I want to register for one though - maybe a few gift cards and some cash of my own can get me one!
So mama's out there - what baby loungers/swings/chairs do you swear by? Would you spend $200 or more on a cool looking seat that boasts as much oomph as the MamaRoo? Or would you pay almost $300 for one that fits in your ultra modern house?



We had a swing that went back and forth and side to side, but Cooper was never super crazy about it. We used it some, but could have easily done without it.
ReplyDeleteWhat he did enjoy was his bouncer. The one we had was really simple and cost about $30 at Target. Cooper used it newborn to 7 months or so (when they start rolling, you can't use them anymore!). He would play in it, it would give him a slightly different view of his surroundings, and when he figured out how to kick and bounce around in it, he LOVED it! We also used it when we started feeding him solids and he wasn't quite ready for the high chair.
There's SO much baby stuff out there and you can spend A LOT of money on things that aren't strictly necessary. Believe me, you'll have plenty to spend money on that won't be optional (like food and diapers and doctor visits!). Buy cute things and throw in an indulgence here and there, but don't waste money on things you'll use for a short time. Baby M will feel just as loved and never know the difference!
I'm going to agree with Michelle. We have a swing and that lovely glider thing and she hardly ever uses either one anymore and she isn't even 5 months! $200 or more would be a whole lot to spend on something that might only get a few months of use or baby m might not like it! you never know. that being said the ugly hand me down swing we had was definitely a life saver when she was a newborn. she would sleep like a champ in it.
ReplyDeleteMy kids didn't really do swings or bouncy seats. They both loved the jumpy/play thing (I have no idea what you call it) however. My vote it to hold/wear your babe until he/she is ready for that kind of entertainment.
ReplyDeleteThe MamaRoo bouncer is insane! I've heard raving reviews about it, though. We used a swing a lot for the first two months. Then nothing after that. This time, we're adding a cheapo bouncer to alternate the twins. Hope it works!
ReplyDelete