Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We spent the weekend with friends! It was glorious.

Friday was date night with our friends Paul and Beth. We ate Thai food and went to see Hangover 2 (set in Thailand). That movie was super funny, but so raunchy and dirty that it sort of ruined it for me.
Date Night!
Saturday we headed up to Columbus, NC to see my "sister" Crystal and her husband Garrett, her daughters, Greenlee (who will be 4 in August) and Leland June (who turned 1 this spring). They were visiting her mom and step-dad's family from Arkansas for the week. Columbus is where her step-father grew up and the whole extended family was gathered there to hang out and have fun. We spent the afternoon in the beautiful area.
Me, Crystal and her family - we were in this field in the blazing hot sun about to shoot guns at targets. That's NC for ya!
See the white things in the trees? Those are milk jugs and they were the targets. Oh and that's Garrett on the far right.
That evening, we headed back to Asheville where her parents live, ate leftovers for dinner, bathed the kids then stayed up until 1:00 am talking and catching up. We went out to breakfast on Sunday, then headed to the J.Crew clearance store where I scored a $62 cardigan for $18 (yippee!), then we headed home - we wanted to make sure they spend enough time with their family in the short time they had. I hope to fly to Arkansas soon and spend a long weekend.
Greenlea who sat next to me all during breakfast, cuddling and playing with my hair. I ate it up!
Little June-bug eating with a fork!
Don't you just love her?!
Sisters
Family (and yep I wore the same shirt Friday and Sunday!)
Side Bar: Can I tell you how MUCH I love Crystal and Garrett? I wrote about Crystal here, but they really are my family. We became friends when we were in our very early twenties and have been inseparable ever since. At our wedding reception, where Crystal was my matron of honor, Garrett and Crystal pulled me aside at the reception, Garrett his arm around my shoulders, while Crystal held my hand and he started to tear up, telling me that they loved me so much and they were so happy for me because I was their sister. It was one of the sweetest moments.

Sunday night we spent at home, eating some yummy homemade food, then  Monday was a day off work (yippee) and a impromptu dinner with Matt's brother Andrew and my friend Laura and her son Hudson (her hubs was at work).
Hamburgers and grilled corn. Yum!
Jumping on the trampoline with Uncle Matt
Best buds - Huddy and Bella
We had a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Hope you enjoyed yours!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your sweet blog, such a lovely family you have! Excited to read more and follow you on your amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground