A lot have asked questions about Baby M's biological mother, and the biological father, what their story is, and why they are choosing adoption for their child.
Here is what we can share:
Here is what we can share:
- She is a blond, blue-eyed, fair-skinned beauty, and he is African-American. When we started this whole process we said we'd be open to any gender and race. We are elated that we have the privilege of raising a child that has two heritages in him.
- They chose to place their child for adoption due to many reasons, none of which I will ever share on the internet out of respect to them and to my son's story, which is his to tell when he is good and ready. But let me say that their decision was not made lightly, and they trust us to raise him with love, now and always.
- We are still moving forward with a semi-open adoption, which means we will have contact through the agency via conference calls, and through a non-identifying email address. We will most likely meet her at the hospital after her labor, and we will send her updates and pictures through the agency until our son is 18.
- The baby will be born in Missouri. I was born there too, almost 33 years ago, in another part of the state. And my mother was my age when I was born. I like these little similarities between me and my son.
And here's what I can share about the adoptive parents (wink, wink):
- They are Caucasian, in their early to mid thirties, live in North Carolina and have waited and prayed for this child for so long.
- They hope he grows to love UNC Basketball, the Carolina Panthers, snowboarding, reading, art, and Mexican food.
- They can't wait to teach him about Jesus and the meaning of unconditional love.
- They are praying for a lot of grace and patience and for God to prepare their hearts for parenthood.
- They are already in love with their son, even though they've never even met.
Happy Monday! How about a vote for the parents to be?

i'm bawling. i'm screeeeeeeeamming!!! i'm dancing!!!! aaaaaah!!!!! oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH. MY. FREAKING. GOSH!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteI'm just so freaking happy for you guys. I can't wait to see you and hug you and dance around all happy and excited with you! eeep!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo happy for ya'll!!! Baby M will be one loved little boy.
ReplyDeleteEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Tears running down my face and my heart is full of joy for you two! That is going to be one incredibly blessed and loved baby boy! Will be so much fun getting to follow along here on the blog!
ReplyDeleteLove your wish list for him and next time we are up in NC, will have to take you out for Mexican food to celebrate! ;-)
Mucho, mucho love!
Rebecca
(Jess's momma)
I have been reading you only for a few months, found you from Oh Happy Miracle, and haven't commented before, sorry. Today I was totally compelled to comment and tell you how incredibly happy I am for you and Matt. Imagine, someone you don't know who lives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada was joyful when she read this post. Joyful that you and Matt will get to experience the incredible experience of being parents. Joyful that this little boy will grow up so wanted and loved. Joyful that out of your pain of fertility comes incredible happiness. It really gave me so much hope for other people in your same position. I truly wish nothing but good things for you as you continue the journey of waiting for your son and beyond. I will keep reading and maybe even post a helpful (hopefully) comment or two. Take care, Ann - an incredibly lucky Mom of a boy and a girl, who are the true joys of my life.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting--blessings on this upcoming story! As someone who is a part of an inter-racial couple, there's a phenomenal book called "Just Don't Marry One" that contains a series of essays by Christian workers in all different fields. There's a portion of them dedicated to interracial adoption that I think are really important things for adoptive parents to be aware of.
ReplyDeleteAgain, so exciting! And thank you for answering the call to raise up the babies that could have had a very different fate. You are truly living your values.