Work, facts, pictures, whatever

Friday, July 1, 2011

I had the craziest week at work.

I work at this really big (think worldwide) company and run a couple of training programs for college hires. Those college kids all started this week and we put on a large-scale event for them that orients them to work, teaches them about the business, their programs, etc.

It's a massive undertaking. 6 months of planning, 50 of us "managers" running around like chickens with our heads cut off in business suits and name tags, smiling and shaking hands, and talking, talking, talking. I love my job so hard, but this week is the most exhausting of my life each year.

I'm sorry I was quiet the last two days over here at on the interwebs. So to make up to you, here are some facts I have realized over the last week:

1. I am not, nor will I ever be, a morning person.
2. I am a coffee snob. If it ain't Starbucks, then it's nothing.
3. I still feel like a kid playing dress up when I wear a suit.
4. Long hair + 100 degree heat = ponytail every time. Even if it makes me look like a teenager.
5. I joke too much when I get nervous.
6. Shaking hands is such a weird way to greet someone. I'd rather bow or curtsy than touch someone's sweaty, limp hand.
7. High heels are STOOPID hard to run in.
8. I have the best teammates and boss in the world. In the world y'all.
9. Best way to treat myself during a stressful week? Friends and wine.  
10. I am an adult! Looking at those college kids this week made me feel OLD. They looked like babies.

And now for some iPhone pictures from this week. Cause a blog without pictures is no blog at all, right?

Good hair day (thank you Velcro rollers)
Blogging from the Mac Mini on the big screen TV. Weird but cool.
Monday's Lunch with the team - fried chicken, spinach, mac & cheese and fresh fruit!
lunch break for the "managers" this week, my real life friend and fellow blogger Becky is on the far left

uptown

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! I've been wanting to try Velcro rollers for a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. starbucks is the only coffee that i will drink. and white chocolate mochas are the only starbucks that i will drink. i am a starbucks snob within a starbucks snob ;) and i live in florida.....with long hair....which equals out to ponytails pretty much all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am still tried from last week! I am so excited that I made the blog but the picture could not get any worse. I was probably in mid-thought about eating that cookie or not :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground