In the last week we have received two wonderful gifts for our baby to be!
A little context - I work at a large financial institution, running a leadership training program for people who have just graduated with a master's in business. The candidates we hire each year are amazing and I get quite attached to them as their program manager.
The first gift was from a woman in the program, who started with us last summer - she purchased a set of crib sheets and a set of playyard sheets for us! So sweet!
The second gift came from the newest training class (35 people total) that started the program in late June. I've only known this group personally for about 5 weeks, so I was totally shocked by their gift. Last week we had a training event, and on the last day during lunch they presented me with the gifts - a Graco Pack and Play (that came with a promotional $25 gift card!) and a $100 gift card!
| The card |
| The sweet messages and the gift cards! |
| Yippee! |
They made a little speech as I opened the card and I had to try really hard to keep myself from crying in front of them. Their generosity and kindness was incredibly humbling, especially since I am just getting to know them.
It amazes me how many people have rallied around us in joy and support. I am just overwhelmed by it!
Now onto writing thank you cards ;)
Ooooh! That's the one we have! That newborn napper is the BOMB! So sweet and amazing.
ReplyDeleteI was going to post in your "what do we need in MO?" but I'll just put it here:
*Definitely Medela sterilizing bags (at Target or BRU). Wash the bottle parts/pacifiers/etc. and then zap them for 3 minutes. One of my favorite things.
*I second the plain cloth diapers for burp/wipe cloths. Fantastic.
*Some ready-made formula for outings or middle of the night. They make some that you just screw a nipple on and you're good to go. Swirl, don't shake, for fewer bubbles to cause gas.
*Speaking of gas...mylicon (or Target's brand of simethicone is great). Safe for newborns. We needed it a lot. We called it the "happy juice."
So excited for y'all!
eeeeee i LOVE presents!!!
ReplyDeletePeople having babies is sweet and wonderful....people adopting babies, well, that makes me cry and want to give them the moon on a Popsicle stick. SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my. I love the generosity of other people. ;)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!! You will LOVE this pack and play, we still use ours, it's fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gesture and it sure says a lot about you :)
ReplyDelete