Pimento Cheese

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I love cheese. I know it's made of cow or goat's milk and is processed as all get out, but I love it. And yes I know it's fattening in general, and the low fat kind tastes like plastic, but I love it.

My favorite is Pimento Cheese, which is really two types of cheese with a little mayo and pimentos of course. I make my pimento cheese with cheddar and pepper jack to give it some kick. I love it on crackers, bread, burgers, and grilled. I could eat it with celery and I hate celery.
Via
There are two restaurants close to my office that serve a grilled pimento cheese sandwich. Just Fresh serves a spicy version with bacon, tomato on whole wheat. Newk's serves it on a a french roll with tomato.

Both are so yummy, but the issue is the calories and fat grams. I am drawn to go to those places and order them - like an addict! I have no willpower. 

I'm going to be 300 pounds if I keep eating them.

Thank goodness my maternity leave is coming soon - I won't be working, so I won't be in my office and near those tempting sandwiches.

Wow, I just did a whole post about pimento cheese. I'm a dork.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, there are two pimento cheeses you HAVE to try!

    Harris Teeter Pepper Jack is so good for *bought* pimento cheese. But, make Paula Deen's pimento cheese and you will be in Pimento Cheese Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize how much I like pimento cheese until it was hard to find up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of it. Then again, I'm from the Pacific Northwest...is it a regional thing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground