Sharing the news of our pregnancy has been such a blast! We tried to videotape people's reactions where we could and we wanted to share three snippets we caught on tape - our families and a group of our friends.
We told our families Christmas weekend (my parents on Friday and Matt's family on Sunday). First, we printed out this picture and put them in individual cards.
Then we handed them out as "presents". So the first video is Matt's family and the second is my parents opening their cards.
The final video is of a group of our closest friends. We told them (without the card) at Matt's birthday party after I made a toast for him. As you can hear/see they absolutely freaked out - the whole restaurant turned around to see what the commotion was!
Watching the part where my sweet Dad hugs me makes me cry every time.
I have been overwhelmed and humbled by all the warm wishes, happy tears and congratulatory screams and hugs. Thanks to all of you - our family and friends, my co-workers, and all you amazing readers - for your precious and kind words! We are so excited about this precious blessing!
Then we handed them out as "presents". So the first video is Matt's family and the second is my parents opening their cards.
The final video is of a group of our closest friends. We told them (without the card) at Matt's birthday party after I made a toast for him. As you can hear/see they absolutely freaked out - the whole restaurant turned around to see what the commotion was!
I have been overwhelmed and humbled by all the warm wishes, happy tears and congratulatory screams and hugs. Thanks to all of you - our family and friends, my co-workers, and all you amazing readers - for your precious and kind words! We are so excited about this precious blessing!

"you don't know how many people have prophesied that to me."
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. LOVE that part! How exciting. God is good.
congratulations! :)
I don't even know you personally (though I'd think it'd be freakin' awesome), but I've been following your blog for a bit. I have to admit, while watching this video, girl, you had me in tears! I'm so so happy for you guys and I wish nothing but the best for you!
ReplyDeleteyeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing the videos!!!! love love love!!!! I am sooo stinkin excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you motts!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletekara and matt!!!! i didn't post on the other video as i see you hav over 80 comments hehe and i wanted to make sure u read this. i was away without internet for Christmas and first thing i did when i got to a computer was check the blog. i had feeling that there would be something big, either a new adoption but somehow a baby. then i saw this!! i told my mom and she said to me "i am happy for them but you don't even know them and you have tears in your eyes" i said "mom, it feels like i know them super well". i am so happy! will you change your blog name now??
ReplyDeleteoh and i can't see the video :( is there a youtube link?
ReplyDeleteahhhhhh!!!! your dads reaction is the best! tears, tears, tears. and your mom swearing. :) so awesome. love it!
ReplyDeleteI seriously cried in this video, and this is the first time I've read your blog. Found it via TBB. Congrats to you guys! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteps - my reaction at my family's christmas party when I saw online was a mix of the three:) Love all five of you. Even though I'm not a dog person:)
ReplyDeleteWell I just cried! :) Congratulations again, such joyful news!
ReplyDelete-Sara-
I'm still so stinking excited for you. Every time I think about it, I tear up. Thank you for being an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI just got chills and tears. I am in tears and I don't even know you.. but I know your story and I'm so happy for you. I love my Dad so much and seeing your Fathers love was the most beautiful thing you've ever posted. Truly. WHAT JOY!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteyay!! It seems as if everyone's on your side :) How wonderful to have all of that support!! Love those videos!! Those are keepers!
ReplyDeleteI"m with everyone, I've never met you before but man the tears are flowin'! Thanks for sharing. That is beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteYep, here I am bawling my eyes out! So happy for yall; how wonderful that you captured these reactions on video! Thank God for technology. :)
ReplyDeletei'm glad i didn't do my eye makeup yet 'cause i've got tears streaming down my face...my nose is even running. Lol!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea to capture these moments on film!
Once again, office door shut, crying for you guys. So happy. Love this news.
ReplyDeleteI teared up and I don't even know you...well know you through your blog. I am so happy for you all!! CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteoh man, yah.. your dad's hug made me cry too!
ReplyDeletewhew!
loveyou guys.. so happy.
I am totally crying my eyes out right now, this is so sweet!!! The part with your dad was just amazing, yall definitely have so much love in your lives!! This baby is so blessed already!
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the video. Your dad made me cry too :-) God is so good!
ReplyDeleteI just cried watching this too!! How wonderful that you have these videos!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't even know you guys and that made me cry!
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Lindsey said! Came here from HTP and watching your dad hug you made me cry too!
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! God gave you such an amazing blessing! This video made me cry. My husband and I recently found out that we are expecting a baby in early August 2012 as well! How exciting. I wish I would have videotaped my family's response. I'm so excited for you guys. I know I don't know you but this was so precious.
ReplyDeleteThe video is fantastic! I may have cried watching your dad's reaction. So thrilled for you!
ReplyDeleteok.. your Dad hugging you made me cry too! So sweet! I am so happy for all 5 of you! Congrats dear friend! Congrats! I love how the great big love of God comes in and brings such a blessing!
ReplyDeletewow, how amazing. i have read your blog for so long and have been so touched by your story. i've never commented before but your dad made me cry! best wishes, so unbelievably happy for all of you!
ReplyDeleteThis video is so sweets. Congrats again to the two (and soon to be five) of you. Also, I totally teared up with your father's reaction too!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved your Dad's reaction so much too. You can see how much he loves you. I imagine that would be my same great joy to hear such great news from one of my ladies. We are continuing to rejoice with you guys.
ReplyDeleteWow! Well, that's a very common reaction... I got tears in my eyes.. Congratulations, I felt what you feel that day.. :) Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! That's a great blessing..
ReplyDeleteI am now crying! I am so so delighted for the five of you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That made me cry:) Thanks for sharing the sweet video. So happy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI've been taking a little internet vacation, so I JUST READ THE NEWS! I've been following your blog for such a long time now, and after your heartbreaking adoption story, I hoped and prayed that something BIG was in the cards for you and Matt. Turns out, it was! Congratulations! I hope you share your pregnancy journey with us!
ReplyDeleteYOUTUBE LINK PLEASE!!
ReplyDeleteKara, watching the video of you sharing the news with your friends and family has me in tears. I am so overwhelmed with joy...it's contagious! I'm so happy for you! God bless & cheers to a wonderful 2012!
ReplyDeletemel, here is the link to the video.
ReplyDeletehttp://vimeo.com/34318234
Mel it's not on You Tube. :) Matt provided the link above so hopefully that helped. Everyone else was able to view it so I wasn't sure if you were able to after you commented. Thanks for your patience.
ReplyDeleteEveryone - thank you do much for your kind words! Happy new Year!
ReplyDeleteI just watched this and had tears streaming down my face- the joy from your families and friends excitement is awesome. Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteI don't really comment much but I had to on this post. So very excited for you guys. I cried watching you tell your families. Wow!
ReplyDeleteJust now catching up on all my blogs after the Christmas break and saw your amazing news! I shed quite a few tears - mostly happy tears for you and your new growing family and also some hopeful tears for my husband and I's current infertility issues. You've been so positive and real about your experience, and it gives us hope too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and best wishes to you!
Oh Kara this is so wonderful! I have tears dripping down my face! What a blessing, I am so happy for you and Matt. Thank you, thank you for sharing these moments of joy for all your readers to feel!
ReplyDeleteoh kara, i have tears in my ears. so so many tears. it's so cute how your family and friends are react of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I just cried like a baby. Congratulations. The Lord is so faithful. xx
ReplyDeleteTHAT is video is priceless. I teared up, especally with your dad and you and how EXCITED your friends were! that baby is so loved!
ReplyDeleteI know I'm a little behind in reading your blog updates but I cried when I watched this!!! congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteThis gave me chills (in a good way)! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I just stumbled upon your blog, and I just had to tell you congratulations! This video is so, so sweet!
ReplyDelete