This is the easiest recipe (hence the name). I like to have at least 2 veggies in this meal to make it a little more healthy.
tortilla chips
1 can black beans, drained
2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 jalapeno
1 bell pepper (I prefer red, orange or yellow)
1/2 a tomato
2 avocados
1/2 lime
salsa
handful of washed cilantro
sour cream
shredded cheese (I prefer the "Mexican" blend) - not pictured
Pre-heat your oven to 325.
Cook your chicken in a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat until the juices run clear. You can also grill it if you so please. Be sure to add some salt and pepper to the meat before you cook it. (I also add some red pepper to give it more spicy flavor.)
Grab a 9 x 13 baking dish, spray with a little cooking spray. Spread the black beans evenly across the bottom and top with the chicken.
| As you can see, I really need to clean my oven! |
Grab 4 plates and place a layer of tortilla chips across them. Once the nacho toppings are done baking, scoop out and place across the chips (1/4 the pan per plate).
Thank you for the great idea, Kara. I cooked this with few minor modification for lunch today -- the cooking was fast and easy, and the meal came out tasty. Both my husband and I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your pregnancy!
Great recipe! I made this a last weekend and it turned out soo yummy! What a great idea!
ReplyDelete