This is obviously not a "beauty" blog, but I do love to read beauty magazines and reviews, search for hair, makeup and nail trends and try new products. Here are some new items I am loving right now:
Dove's Nourishing Oil Care Detangler
![]() |
| Via |
Because my hair is color treated, fine and on the dry side, I always use a heat protectant spray on my hair after washing it (even if I don't plan on using a hair dryer or curling iron). I was using Aveda's Brilliant Damage Control spray, but at $17 a bottle it was getting a little too expensive. I read some reviews about Dove's new line of haircare products and decided to try it out.
It works wonders! It leaves my hair smooth, helps with tangles and smells amazing. I have noticed a major difference in the top layer of my hair - it's less frizzy and definitely shinier. I love this product and at $5.49 it's a steal!
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
![]() |
| Via |
So BB Creams are all the trend right now (BB = Beauty Balm) A beauty balm combines sunscreen, moisturizer, face primer and foundation - but also has pigments to help color correct your face. The experts are now saying it's discoloration of the face, not wrinkles, that make us look older so this new product is designed to combat that.
I don't normally wear foundation, but I do use daily anti-aging moisturizer and a face primer, with a light dusting of mineral powder, so the idea of all of that in one product sold me. The BB goes on smoothly and doesn't look like foundation at all - it's light and makes my face look dewy and smooth.
Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray
![]() |
| Via |
My hairdresser got me hooked on this spray. I was using Pantene's light hold hairspray because I want my hair to hold its style but still be touchable, but I didn't like the smell and the stickiness of the hairspray.
I use it when my hair is blown out straight and I need a shine spray, and when I wear it wavy and need some holding power. This spray smells amazing and gives you hold, shine and leaves no stickiness. You can also use it on wet hair as a styling product. It's a little pricey, but you don't need to use a lot of it for styling so it lasts a while.
Any beauty items you are loving right now? Happy Friday!



At the commercial shoot I did recently, the make-up artist used Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur on my face (it's for very dry skin) and it is AMAZING. I plan on investing in some.
ReplyDeleteCerave Moisturizing Lotion for the face. I occasionally get patches of eczema on my face and using this for just 1-2 days makes it go away. Miracle worker and over the counter! Love it... and a little goes a long way. I also alternate between Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash and Cerave's Moisturizing face wash. It's help my skin a lot. I noticed as I've gotten older (only 27, though) that my face tends to change and I'm guessing it's hormones. I had perfect skin as a teenager and now I'm having to deal with combination skin! Super fun ;)
ReplyDeleteI am having issues with my hair as well as I get older.. getting split ends and I don't heat-style my hair (maybe once every other month). Started using Coconut Oil or Ojon hair mask... it helps but I need some shine in my hair as well!
Kim uses Dove dry shampoo- I've tried it and its great- especially at ~$5 bottle as opposed to the $20 bottle at the salon. Better for the wallet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for these tips! I immediately went out and bought the Garnier BB cream and I love it!
ReplyDeleteI have yet to find the Dove detangler but I really want to try it!
http://funnylittlepollywogs.com