Some Blog Changes...

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I've been a little quiet on the blog these last few weeks. Part of it has been due to the busy chaos of the holidays and travelling, the other was to give myself some time to think about what I want to do with this space.

Like I have said before, I have a love/dislike relationship with blogging (hate is too strong a word for an online site!) I love the connections I have made here, I love sharing my heart and our journey, and I love creating something that my daughter can read once she is older. But I dislike the feeling of obligation that comes with a blog - once you get a few readers there is an unspoken expectation for creating content and keeping up with so many posts per week or month. I feel a weird sense of guilt when I don't post 4-5 times a week and that shouldn't be the case. I don't want to feel imprisoned by this space, nor do I want to post things that are just "fillers" because I feel obligated to.

I want to continue to share pieces of my life and hear from all of you. Your advice, encouragement and ideas have been a huge blessing to me and I'm sure to other readers as well. I like that this blog is a place where people feel free to express their opinions and connect.

So for 2013, some changes will be made to this little blog - mostly for my sanity and time, but also for all of you. On a monthly basis, these are the posts you can expect to see:
  • A "Currently" post every other Monday
  • My monthly letter to Brighton
  • At least 2 "On My Heart" posts
  • 1-2 posts on beauty/style or recipes
  • 1-2 parenting type posts
  • And a few that will just be photos from recent events etc
There will be months with more content, and some months with just what I have outlined above, but I hope that by being more intentional, this space will become something good for me again - and for you!

Have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

  1. Funny what the blog world does to us. So glad you are sticking around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much about the numbers! None of us count how many posts you create in a week, we're just excited to see a new one when we see one! Blogging is really interesting... it's a glimpse into a life, and we as readers should just be grateful we get to peek in at all! It is good to have plans though, and I can tell you that your beauty/style posts and your parenting posts are my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blake! I really appreciate the support and the encouragement. You're awesome and I'm thankful you are here!

      Delete
  3. Please don't feel such a sense of obligation to hit a weekly or monthly quota of certain types of posts! I never count how many posts you have done or whether or not there is a perfect balance of every category - I am a relatively new reader but I just enjoy reading about what's on your mind and what's going on in your life. I hope you do whatever works best for your life, and if that's by being more intentional with your posts, then I am excited to read them. :) No matter how you go about doing it, thanks for sharing what you do and continuing to be an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. That will help you stay organized and keep writing so you can document what's important while also maintaining your personal life. I've always loved following along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had happened upon your blog within the past year, and continue to follow because your in a time of life which is a few years ahead of me. I appreciate your transparency, and please don't feel obligated. I think it's important to let the blog be a place and space that is there, but not mandated.

    Keep your smile, loving your precious child, and family.
    Best of wishes to you and your loves this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that so many of us are "slow blogging". Blogs seem so much more real and relatable that way. No need to worry about filling a quota, just write from your heart and share when you are ready. We'll all be here waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. completely agree with everyone else - i love your honest posts and i'm so glad you're sticking around. you've got to do what's best for you. we're all just along for whatever part of the ride you're willing to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your blog and don't feel any pressure to do anything you don't want or have time for.

    I saw this on Urban Outfitters and thought of you. Might be a great addition to your christmas tree! xoxo

    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25294463&parentid=SALE_APT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't stress yourself out about blogging. Real life comes first, and I'm much more likely to unfollow blogs that post random, annoying, sub-par posts than blogs that give sporadic quality posts. This shouldn't feel like a job-- you've got a few far more important jobs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your readers understand! Don't stress yourself out. This space is supposed to be for YOU first of all so the fact that we benefit by reading (whatever, whenever you post) is just a bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be sure that whatever you decice to do, i will appreciate reading your posts.

    When you go back to work, you will have even less time to dedicate to this space, and that 's fine. Don't feel guilty for us and enjoy life so you can share your "bits and pieces " with us.

    Here is a nice article about baby names :
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/2013s-first-babies-names_n_2401556.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words!! You are the best readers. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outline! And don't stress about it! We will be ready to read whenever you want to blog and about whatever you want! :) but I totally am the same as you, I need an outline for myself/ sanity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground