6 Months
Friday, February 15, 2013
Darling Girl,
You are six months old! Half a year!!! Part of me wants to yell "Stop growing up!" but the other part of me really loves every new little thing you do. You are at such a fun age.
You are 27 inches long and 13 pounds 7 ounces. You are one itty bitty girl! You are wearing all 6 month clothing now and even a few 9 month pieces that are long and skinny like you. Your cloth diapers give you a cute little booty though. Even though you are a teeny girl, you nurse 6 times a day and eat 2 solid food meals too! You have tried peas, pears, peaches, broccoli and carrots. You still don't like avocado, and prefer sweet potatoes and fruit over anything else. Feeding you is one of my favorite things to do - you get so excited and bang your hands down on the tray of your high chair in anticipation of each bite.
You are still sleeping 11-12 hours a night, get up around 6:30am to nurse, then go right back to sleep for a long morning nap. The rest of your day you take little catnaps, but have finally started to sometimes take a longer afternoon nap. Most days you wake up smiling and cooing and then happily play with your hands or feet until we come and get you up. You have started to sleep in the cutest position - you still sleep on your back, but now you put your hands behind your head and prop your feet up on the crib bumper.
You are soooo close to sitting up and not falling over. You can sit up in the Boppy or with pillows around you and play just fine. We also bought you one of those walkers with a playtray on the front - you love it and are starting to scoot around a little in it. You still love to stand up on anyone's lap, or the couch with your arms over the back of the cushions, or on the ground so you can get closer to the dog or cat. Oh yeah, you are obsessed with your furry siblings - you giggle and coo and even sometimes yell at them as they walk by you. I've had more than one occasion where I've pulled a handful of cat or dog hair out of your tiny fist - you love to grab them any chance you get. You put everything in your mouth and grab anything within reach. Watching you learn has been such a privilege - your little eyes are so full of wonder and awe and it's like seeing things for the first time all over again. You've reminded me how beautiful this world is.
Brighton Love, I love you so much. I have been so proud of you this last month as I have transitioned back to work and you have to spend all day with someone else who isn't your mama or daddy. You take change in stride and are still full of joy. You are such an easygoing, sweet and funny girl. You love to laugh and we do everything we can to hear one of those precious baby giggles from you. I am thankful that you are still a cuddlebug and allow your parents to hold you, kiss you and squeeze you as much as we want. Every month as we hit this milestone, I can't believe that you're ours. We are so honored that God entrusted you to us. We are yours forever and always and we are so thankful that you are our little miracle girl.
Happy 6 Months my love, our darling girl. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've been reading your blog since around the time you got pregnant. Such a great story to follow! She is quite the cutie :) Happy half birthday Brighton!!
ReplyDeletesweet baby girl! loved this update. the image of her asleep with her hands behind her head and her feet propped on her bumper made me laugh out loud. xo!
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to see that you also have a 'long and lean' baby. My 5 month old is very tall and only 12 and a half pounds. I get very tired of people's comments about how small and skinny he is. Even though most people don't mean it offensively, it still hurts my feelings sometimes since he is breastfed and I provide his nutrition. Babies don't have to be pudgy to be happy and healthy! Brighton seems like such a joyful, fun baby!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! If your baby is hitting all the right milestones on time, happy, active and alert then I don't think being on the skinny side is a concern. B never stops moving and is suuuupeeer tall for her age so I'm not too concerned. You shouldn't be either. Your boy is perfect!!!
DeleteWhat a lovely post - I can't believe my daughter is now 3!
ReplyDeleteWould love for you to link up at The Friday Baby Shower - the new linky party for everything new baby. Old and new posts very welcome. Alice @ Mums Make Lists x
http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-friday-baby-shower-linky-party-2.html
I can't believe she is already 6 months!
ReplyDelete