Currently

Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm currently back at work for the first time in almost six months.
I'm currently wearing dress pants and sitting in a cubicle which feels familiar but strange.
I'm currently missing my baby girl so much my heart aches. I'm trying to not talk about her because I get teary eyed.
I'm currently craving a latte from Starbucks and thinking I might need to decrease the amount of caffeine I consume.
I'm currently thinking about what book I want to read next. I've been on a post- apocalyptic kick and need something a little lighter for my mind.
I'm currently writing this post from my iPhone using the Blogger app (which sucks) and it won't let me pull up my other currently post that was in draft. Sorry y'all!

Happy Monday! Also how about a vote for our blog? This mama needs a little love today ;)

10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you & hoping your first week back isn't too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say I was in the same spot this time last year, coming back from maternity leave, and it does get better! My Mom watches my daughter while I work, we make sure she sends me lots of pictures and I usually call and talk to her once or twice during the day. I still miss her, of course, but that heart ache feeling does go away... I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear your experience with being back at work once you've been back awhile. I'm due in May and the thought of leaving my son with a babysitter while I'm at work makes me so sad! I will only be able to take about 9 1/2 weeks of maternity leave too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back to work after so many months is hard, the teary eyes dryp up at some stage. Dont you worry Kara.
    You and Brighton will be fine. She will have plenty of things to tell you.
    keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going back to work can be so tough! Strangely, I went back to work full time after maternity leave the day after the Super Bowl last year. Last night I was reminiscing with my husband about how tough it was! It does get better. It never gets easy but will get better! Thinking of you and sending you, Brighton, and Matt healing prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just headed back today too after 9 weeks with my second baby. I ha anxiety last night and sadness when I got home to hug and smell their heads. He nestled into me and I cried because of how hard this is going to be. The best way I could describe the anxiety is the feeling of a weighted vest and how it slowly was relieved as I got into the evening. It's not easy but it's good to know we are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara you are doing great! you gave Brighton some great mamma love and continue to do so at work. She knows. When you get home she will know.
    Enjoy the best of both worlds!
    YOU ARE DOING AMAZINGLY WELL!!! YOU ARE BEST MOMMA!!!
    I know :) you are doing great, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so hard, I remember the same thing, not wanting to talk about her because you cry! But don't worry it gets WAY easier. Quality, not quantity as my mama says. Plus when they start teething? It's a nice break ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I happened upon your blog sometime ago through a mutual friend. I just wanted to say I know how you feel. I was in your shoes a little over a year ago. I couldn't talk about him for a month without crying. I pumped throughout the day and used that time to pray for him and look at pictures. It does get easier to make it through the work day, however it hasn't gotten easier being away from him. I have to trust in God that I am doing the right thing for my son by working. And I cherish every moment I have with him. Now that he's 16 months old and quite a handful, I will admit, I've had 1 or 2 days where I was glad to be going to work. :) Hang in there momma. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground