Dedicated

Monday, February 25, 2013

Yesterday we dedicated our daughter to the Lord at our church. For us, it is important that we made a public proclamation to raise our daughter in the Christian faith, and to honor her life by submitting to God's will for our family. We hope that Brighton will choose to have the same faith as we do, but until she makes that decision for herself, we are committed to living our life at home and in the world for Jesus.

Both our families attended the service and our pastor was so sweet as he held her and prayed over her - he even gave her a kiss before he handed her back to us! She received a storybook Bible as a gift from the church and we had a little celebration after at a local Italian restaurant.

It was such a special morning. As our pastor held Brighton and prayed for her life, I couldn't help but think about how long Matt and I have waited for this moment. Our daughter was so longed for and so loved before she was even known to us as our child. I am still in awe that we were blessed with her, that after so many years of waiting that our hope was finally fulfilled. She is such a joy and we are so thankful to have an amazing family and community to surround us in this journey.

A blurry screen shot from the dedication video



And one last photo cause those cheeks are just too cute...

6 comments:

  1. Precious! I'm not sure how our new church does it but our old church used to do a baby dedication every couple months and I always LOVED baby Sunday!!! It's such a wonderful commitment and a beautiful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! You three are so precious! Brighton looks perfect! She's growing into such a mega cutie :) Love that outfit she has on, as well as your shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special day for your family! I am so thankful that we can give our kids back to Jesus and trust that he will help us raise them according to his word. I surely can't do it on my own. Since, I know Jonathan from high school it is funny to see him as a pastor. I am sure he is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So wonderful! Willow's being dedicated on the 10th! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground