Here are some fun finds from the internet this week:
This will be my first Mother's Day and I am eyeing this necklace, and this one too.
Boston, oh Boston. What else is there to say? Here are some moments from that day.
Have you watched House of Cards yet? It's a hit.
Brighton has more clothes than any child needs, but I still want to buy her this, this and this.
I don't normally link to super popular blogs since everyone has most likely read their posts, but this was so good that I had to. Eventually, I might be in the exact same spot as her and her words were so insightful and wise.
My pastor's first book is now out and I am so excited to read it.
My friend Jessi just relaunched her shop and the new site is amazing.
This was written about Crossfit last summer, but it still makes me laugh.
Weaning leads to depression? I'm totally struggling with this right now.
Tattling on bad parents? Never a good idea.
I loved the first film, barely tolerated the second, but do we really need a third?
How to find the right haircut for your face shape.
I love Grumpy Cat.
And finally, this quote. A little hope for all of us today.
Personally, I LOVE House of Cards but a friend made an interesting point that I'm not sure how I feel about (maybe you can tell me what you think)
ReplyDeleteHe thinks that the show is pretty good but people tend to think its great because you can marathon-watch it. If you had to wait to watch each episode for a week or longer it wouldn't be as good as everyone says.
At first I dismissed his comment outright - because I loved the show so dearly (My husband and I did marathon watch it in about three days). BUT then something funny happened. I was stuck wearing my LO for naps and so I started watching Scandal, marathon style. I got hooked. Some afternoons, when she would nap great, I could breeze through 3 episodes. Then - just as suddenly, she stopped napping on me and I tried to watch an episode here and there. I just wasn't as interested.
Anyway, I know this comment was a novel but his idea got me thinking. Two completely different shows, yes, but possibly he has a point?
What do you think?
Also, I'm getting this necklace for mothers day with my daughters name on it and I can't wait! Love your choices, too. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/97861772/custom-tiny-name-necklace-gold-name
Don't you just need to see Bradly Cooper again? 😘
ReplyDeleteI am DYING over that Boden dress..GET IT, KARA! Come on, Sweet B's face in that dress is enough to make any good woman keel over in cuteness overload! I also have been eying those Gap crops and in that same color. I'm keeping my eye on them and will probably cave soon..it's been weeks!
ReplyDeleteI found out recently that I am expected my second child. I was thrilled, and then someone asked me what I was going to do about still nursing my 23 month old. Shoot, I wasn't ready to wean...I had never even thought about weaning prior to 'trying' for our second. So this week, I started the process and have felt so depressed because of it. It's nice to know this saddened feeling is normal and will get easier. Each day I cry a little less but it still stings my heart. I had wanted her to self wean and that is what makes it hurt more. Good luck to you and hopefully this sadness will be filled with joy that we even were able to nurse our babies :)
ReplyDeleteYou can totally nurse while pregnant! If you're not ready to ween, I say don't!
Deletehttp://kellymom.com/blog-post/links-nursingpregnant/
Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com
ReplyDelete