My Baby Must Have's: 5-9 Months

Monday, July 22, 2013

For my other must have lists click here and here.

These are my must have's for the 5-9 month stage:

Puree Packs

I made baby food for months, but bringing little cups of food and a spoon every where we went wasn't always convenient. We started buying organic puree packs whenever they were on sale and I'm so glad we did - she got a great blend of fruits and veggies and yogurt, it was easy to take with us when out and about and the "straw" at the top taught Brighton how to drink from a sippy cup. Plus they taste amazing!


Walker/Activity Center


Brighton was one of those babies that was never content to sit on your lap - she always wanted to stand up! When she showed interest in walking while holding our hands, we started letting her toddle around anytime she wanted. But whenever our backs got tired, we would use a baby walker and she loved it! We purchased the Chicco Walker that had a "play tray" with light up buttons and sounds and it helped her scoot around and get her walking "fix" in every day.


Wide Bibs
Most baby bibs are way to small to keep food off of a baby's clothes. I found a few different versions that have been a lifesaver. Brighton does this thing where she likes to hold food in her hand and keep the hand against her chest until she's ready to eat it - which means if she isn't wearing a nice wide bib food gets all over her clothes. I liked the Green Sprouts terry cloth version and the Baby Bjorn's soft plastic bib with the little spill pocket.


Back Seat Car Mirror
A photo from the mirror - little bear asleep after a long day
Being able to see what Brighton was doing in the car was really helpful (and still is). I could hand her a toy if needed, see if she fell asleep and also let her see me if needed. Most of these mirrors are made of plastic and are cheap and easy to install. We used this version and love it!


Runner Up: Soft Soled Shoes

Via
I didn't put Brighton in shoes for the longest time, but someone gave me 2 pairs of these cute little leather soft soled shoes. I loved these because they were easy to take on and off and she could wear socks with them when it was cold. It got her used to wearing shoes when we changed to a less flexible soles as well. Not sure if this was really a "must have" but I enjoyed them a lot.


Any essentials you add to the list?

1 comment:

  1. Sophie the Giraffe! She was a life saver until my daughter could chew her fingers. And a friend gave her a JellyCat bunny which has also been a life saver, there's nothing a cuddle from bunny can't fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground