Currently

Thursday, May 29, 2014



Feeding - So I got a free wellness coach through my company's relationship with our insurance provider. We do an annual health assessment (both physical and an online questionnaire) and I was on the high-risk side for stress. Hence the free wellness coach. This lady is awesome - she calls me monthly, we set goals, she helps me keep track, talks me through practical habits I can create and bam, my life changes a little at a time for the better. So for food, I can proudly say that I am not feeding myself nearly as much caffinne or sugar as I did in January. I really do feel the difference in my energy level and (bonus) waist line. I'm also eating a lot more green food. 

Reading - I read (from my book list here) "About Alice", "Children of Men", "The Fault in Our Stars" (sob fest, best book I have read in years), "Savages", "The Kings of Cool" and now about to start "Betsy in Spite of Herself." 


Conceding - That I like my mid-30's. I know who I am, what my strengths and weaknesses are, and I don't give a shit if someone doesn't like me (cause I am already so blessed in the friend department). This has been a good decade!


Needing - To finish all the small projects our house is asking for (like installing shoe molding, hanging pictures, painting the hall bath vanity) and not stress Matt out in the process. 

Gearing up for - This weekend! Dinner plans, a Saturday devoted to fun at a local water park, church and cooking a few extra dinners I can freeze for that rainy day. 

Procrastinating - See the "needing" list. 

Thankful for - My new home and the lovely neighborhood we live in. Nightly our neighbors walk their dogs, ride their bikes and just socialize in the street while their children play together. It's wonderful and I cannot believe how lucky we were to have bought this home!

Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kara, I am so sorry to hear that you have been under the influence of stress. as a perfectionist, you must set goals that are within reach of course, but added up, that must represent an awful load of stuff which is stressful!
    hope the wellness coach will be helpful in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground