The New House: The Kitchen Reveal

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

So we are finally done with the kitchen and it turned out exactly how we wanted. I won't belabor you with a bunch of words - I know you just want to see the before and after!

Before
Before
Demo progress - there was a bank of cabinets on that yellow wall but I forgot to take a before photo. They were ugly - that's all you need to know ;)
Demo progress
After
It makes me want to dance it's so pretty!
Look at that subway tile! Swoon!


An island of all deep drawers and a "hidden" microwave!

And now some of the details that make this place so special to me:
Ever since I saw this concept in a magazine I have wanted a few open shelves. I love this feature!
My favorite sink - the farmhouse from Ikea (same as our last house but this one I didn't find in the "As Is" section!)
I mean, come on!!!! Look at that gorgeous old wood. I love how rough it is, especially down the legs of the island. 
And the grain of this wood?!?! It's so beautiful.

And cause this is my blog and I'll post too many pictures if I want to (wink, wink) here are some more:
Took these with my fisheye lens. My house doesn't bend like that! 



Maybe I’m biased but I think I have one of the prettiest kitchens I’ve ever seen. I'm in love!

And for those interested in all the details, I have a post just for you tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks awesome! Love the wall of tile and open shelves! What a dramatic change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The kitchen looks amazing!!! I'd be dancing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen turned out AMAZING! Can I hire you to re-do our kitchen?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks PERFECT! Congrats! VJ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a huge change! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooooove it!!! Oh my gosh!! That sink! The island! I swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!

    Since you've been using the farmhouse sink for a while..... I have a question. How hard is it to keep clean? I like the look of it but it seems like it would scratch easily/discolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been pretty easy! You can get scratches but there is this product called Bar Keepers Friend that buffs out the scratches. It doesn't discolor either!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! This truly is one of the prettiest kitchens I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is so lovely, it's no wonder you feel like dancing! Every detail is just beyond. You and your husband have skills.: ) I love the grain of the counter and the subway tile and the sink AND the open shelving AND the hidden microwave. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!! LOVE everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where are your countertops from? We are going to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are reclaimed wood from a 100 year old barn. We cut them piece by piece and built them ourselves.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground