![]() |
| Image via Lara Casey |
In October I started a monthly goal list of things I really wanted to get done in both my personal and professional life. Here’s how I did for my December goals:
- Continue to abstain from desserts, sweets and alcohol during the week. Somewhat of a success. During the holidays I did let myself have a glass of wine or eat dessert.
- Keep the family schedule and commitments limited to only the things we want to do and/or love to do. Success. This was so hard because I always feel guilty saying no to people, but it kept our family sane and well rested. We all ended up being sick in late December so it was good that we hadn't planned anything.
- Spend intentional play time with Brighton every day I'm off work for the holidays. Success. We had a blast!
- Make Christmas cookies as a family. Success. I'm still finding tiny glitter sprinkles in my kitchen though.
- Take Brighton to see some Christmas displays or lights. Success. I took her to see the singing bears in uptown Charlotte (not real bears, see here for more) and to a few streets in Charlotte that had great light displays.
- Have a few date nights with Matt. Failure! Matt was so sick the last two weeks of the holiday and we only got to go out once and it was with his siblings and their significant others. Which was fun, but definitely not a real date night for us.
- Start running again. Success. I have a whole post about this later this week.
January Goals
- Continue to abstain from desserts, sweets and alcohol during the week.
- Run for 30 minutes, three times a week.
- Fill out my first month of Powersheets.
- Take the bags of toys and clothes I sorted over the holidays to a consignment store. (Brighton has outgrown the clothes and/or the development level of the toys).
- Re-do our monthly house cleaning schedule and stick to it.
- Show more patience with both my daughter and my husband.
Linking up with Haley who started Grace for Goals.

I love these posts!!! I just started the Powersheets this weekend: SO eye opening!!!! I love them! It's been very rewarding to write about what's keeping me from actually accomplishing my goals before I put all of my energy into making said goals. Definitely a new way of thinking!! Love you Kara! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLove you Liv! And so glad you like the Powersheets! They are life changing!
Delete