Frivolous Post: Holiday Parties

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Every year at my previous company, which was a tiny liberal arts college, they hosted a fancy holiday party. It was held in the President's house, a large mansion at the edge of the campus, and would serve fancy food and everyone would dress up in their finest and sip cider, hot chocolate, wine or a stiff drink.

I looked forward to that party each year because it gave me a chance to unwind with my co-workers, and most importantly an opportunity to dress up in my finest! I love wearing a little sequins and glitter and this time of year merits is. Plus if I wear sparkles in May people look at me funny!

I was hoping that this year someone would host a fancy holiday or New Year's Eve party, but so far, no luck. But in hopes for the season, I've picked out a few outfits for myself, Matt and our future son or daughter, otherwise known as Baby M for now.

For me:
For the work party with kitten heels, and some chunky jewelry.


For Christmas Eve - dressed down with a little cardigan, tights and flats.


For a New Year's Eve party, with high heels, big earrings and my hair up!



For the husband:
For the work party with black slacks and
these shoes.

For Christmas Eve - with grey slacks and these shoes.

For New Year's Eve, a slim black suit, skinny black tie and crisp white shirt.

If Baby M were a boy:

If Baby M were a girl:


And just because these are cute - wouldn't they be great for Christmas morning?


Sources in Order: All dresses from ModCloth; Shirt/tie; Blazer; Sweater/shirt/tie/cardigan; Suit; All baby clothes from Gap

1 comment:

  1. eeeeee!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm already collecting things for your baby shower! i can't help m'self! i love you Momma M! muuuuuuuuuuuah! i am in love with your baby too! we can't wait to meet him or her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground