The other night while we were hanging out with our friends Laura and Dar (parents of the precious Hudson) and Lorean and David (parents of gorgeous baby Micah), I noticed that Lorean was carrying a new baby bag. And not just any baby bag, a Petunia Pickle Bottom baby bag. I was so excited about it, I picked it up and carried it over to the living room to examine it more carefully, and then I started going through her bag (thank goodness Lorean knows me well, if she hadn't I would have given her permission to smack me). I was so excited about it that I actually hugged the bag. Good grief!
These bags are like the Cadillac of baby bags. I have never heard of them until my friend Stephanie bought one for herself. It was cute, but I didn't get the appeal. Of course I was years away from trying for a wee one so my apathy towards the bag was apropos. Now as a mommy to be, I understand the obsession some have with baby gear, especially baby bags. I am a self confessed hand bag addict so this baby bag thing just might send me into rehab.
So in scouring the site, I fell in (bag) love with this one:
It's from the Cake Collection and it's ridiculously beautiful, elegant and sooo expensive. I get hives just thinking about paying that much for a baby bag that will hold stinky diapers and leaky bottles. It's just not worth the money.
But this bag just might be "the one"... if it ever goes on sale. The pattern is called "Tea on the Thames". I loved England and I loved walking along that river when I studied abroad there in the summer of 2000. I think it's meant to be, I'm just saying. (I know it's a sin to covet, but this is a wish list folks, don't judge me.)


This one is great too and matches Baby M's nursery colors. It's called "Morning In Monaco." I love red, white and black together.
But due to $$ and my practical nature, I'll probably just end up with a bag like this, or use one of my tote bags. Plus Matt wouldn't mind carrying it.
But it's ok to dream right?
Here is a funny tidbit about me - I've always wanted a Cadillac Escalade in that cream diamond color with enormous spinning rims and a crazy sound system. Matt thinks this is hysterical and brings it up every time we see an Escalade. I don't know why it's so funny - maybe because most people with large SUV's and crazy spinning rims and loud sound systems aren't petite blonde haired women with kids? Let's drop the stereotypes folks. It's 2011 and anything goes. ;)
Now that they make Escalades in a Hybrid version I can actually feel good about wanting one (although we'll never be able to afford a hybrid one - they are crazy expensive!)
PS My friend Rachael also wants one of these bags. So if you're reading this, Petunia Pickle Bottom corporate folks, send one to her please. She's having twin girls and she gets dibs before any of us.
PS My friend Rachael also wants one of these bags. So if you're reading this, Petunia Pickle Bottom corporate folks, send one to her please. She's having twin girls and she gets dibs before any of us.



Bahaha love it! And you!!!
ReplyDeleteI also, have an addiction to bags, and love that yellow cake bag so much!! I have contemplated so many days splurging....
ReplyDeleteVery funny. I do have to say that I spent a stupid amount on a diaper bag and it did end up being a regret. Kevin wouldn't carry it and (since I had boys)I felt silly leaving it with them at preschool or church. You might could swing the first bag if you got a girl, but it's risky. Besides, it is totally impractical since it would not fit over stroller handles like the later 2 would. I say get a practical bag (though I do love the grey/yellow one-but even that with flowers if it's a boy is borderline) and splurge on a real bag for yourself!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Another thing to consider when looking at bags...Does it have a big enough area to have the child's name monogramed on it? As a mom and a church nursery volunteer, I find it EXTREMELY helpful if the bag is clearly marked on the outside with the name. You can get it done at that cart in the mall. It only cost's about $20.00
BTW-LOVE the new changes to the site!
ReplyDeleteTried to comment! Amazing! Gonna snuggle Lorni's!
ReplyDeleteTea on the Thames is on sale at Nordstrom. It's not the boxy back pack it's the other one.....and they have outlet sales online!
ReplyDeleteum you NEED this. you need the cake one AND the tea one. yes you do.
ReplyDeleteJeff got me a Petunia Pickle Bottom for Christmas....I LOVE it and have gotten lots of compliments so far. People love my "purse":) I have to recommend the satchal (you can wear it as a purse or as a backpack which is a wonderful option when Baby M is an active toddler;)
ReplyDeleteI have a Petunia Picklebottom bag.. got it off ebay for a lot less than retail. I think you should get a beautiful bag.. don't settle for a practical one.. get the escalade of bags....
ReplyDelete