Birthdaypalooza

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This weekend we celebrated 5 birthdays - 5 parties in total!

The first was the fabulous Jessie Mathis, mama to Sparrow Song, rock star in Public Radio, and loyal and loving friend. Jessie started the Wives Club - a bi-monthly gathering of married women who come together to support, pray, encourage, challenge and love each other. I started attending last summer and it has been transformational to hear each woman's story and know that I have a community that will be there to keep me accountable to my commitment to Matt and to my God who loves me. We celebrated Jessie on our normal Wives Club night this past Thursday with food, games and of course cake.

Jess (of Boho Baby Bump) took this photo - she's pretty fantastic at photography!!

The second birthday was for our friend Joe, married to the lovely Katrina who is part of Wives Club as well. We went to a local german restaurant and the party was fun, and lively. The speeches our friends made about Joe made me realize how incredibly special it is to have so many interconnected and strong friendships. We are so very lucky to know him and call him and Katrina our friends.

From left, Dar, Joe and Matt.

Katrina, Misty, me, Laura and Jessie (with her son Noah) 

Birthdays three and four were for two of our lovely friends Dawn and Beth. Beth's sisters Joanna and Joy moved into a fabulous new home this month and hosted a house warming party Saturday night, but we surprised Dawn and Beth and let them know it was really a night to celebrate them. Joanna cooked a big pasta dish, we drank some cheap red wine and noshed on some yummy brownie/fruit/espresso cream dessert.

Joy, me, Beth and Joanna
Me and Dawn this past summer
Jessie's second birthday party was a Step Up 3D dance theme at Camp Caanan which is run by Jessie's brother and sister in law. We got there a little late and missed a few of the guys doing a synchronized dance to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA. But we did get a chance to see Jessie's dance - it was amazing. We stuck around for a couple of hours - I danced the whole time I was there, and Matt sat on the sidelines with Joe and some of the other guys watching us make fools of ourselves. BUT Matt actually got out on the dance floor after a pep talk from me - it was great! 

The fifth birthday was for Jessie's son Noah Fox, which I missed because I was so freaking exhausted I was nauseous and had to go to bed for a while (I failed to mention that I babysat a girlfriend's 16 month old Friday night through Saturday, then worked at church today), but Matt represented us and said Noah had a great time.

I love birthdays and I love my friends. What an amazing weekend of celebrations!

1 comment:

  1. AWW ! Thanks so much for the shout out! We love you guys so much and we are so very thankful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground