Registry Question

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Matt and I started a baby registry at Babies R Us. (Shocker I know!) We opted to not register at Target because someone told me they have a crap return policy, but then my boss who just had a baby last January, said Babies R Us (referred to going forward as BRU since I don't want to type it out each time) had a terrible return policy too and she liked Buy Buy Baby better (owned/operated by Bed, Bath and Beyond - that's a mouthful of B's).

A girlfriend of mine registered at Buy Buy Baby as well, but I wasn't super impressed with their selections so I went with BRU. But then I started seeing things on Amazon.com, or from Etsy, or from baby websites that I liked too, but how the heck do I register for them? Then I found MyRegistry.com - you can add items from any store into one gift listing.

But before I sign up for something like that, I'd like some more advice. Have any of you used MyRegistry.com? If you have used it what do you like about it? Pros? Cons?

Thanks friends!

7 comments:

  1. hey K. i've heard myregistry.com is pretty good, but for the most part your friends & relatives are going to purchase items from somewhere convenient. i think that's why registering at Target is always good. the nice thing about Target is that as long as it's on your registry (even if you don't have the receipt) they will give you store credit! i registered at Target & BBB for Sparrow and was happy with what i received. with BBB and Target you can always order things online as well. I found BBB had a greater selection online, actually. AND since they're the same place, you can use Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby! score! and no one is stopping you from registering at as MANY places as you want! seriously.....it's not like it costs money to register and with all the places you can update your registry online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used wishpot.com and liked it. Sounds like it's the same concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie - Good point. Maybe I'll make the switch to BBB given the coupons. I was also in the store on a day when they were having a massive sale and it stressed me out so much I had to leave. Isn't it funny how one experience can affect your overall perspective?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. our bed bath & beyond has a baby section, not sure if it is the same selection as Buy baby buy, but they are more expensive than BRU. I did not have any trouble with returns at BRU or Target. I have not used but have heard about Amazon having its own wish list/ registry thing.
    Elizabeth Watson

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey babes-same as jessie said-to make sure you get what you want...register somewhere convenient. buy buy baby took back a car seat i had had for 3 weeks one time and exchanged it for something else. i think you'll be fine as far as returning stuff. <3 babies r us are not bad either. target-always safe. and i KNOW buy buy baby is overwhelming. jessie had to take me for my first baby registry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kara, I did BRU and Target. Both were fine. I've always heard target has the best return policy around... i think I even read that once in an article about return policies. I have never had trouble with returns there. That's just been m...y experience. I don't know about BRU though. As for a Registry where ANY ITEM can be added from ANY website... I've used Amazon's "Universal Wishlist" which was amazing. You just add the Universal Wishlist bookmark to your browser then when you're on a site and find something you like, you simply click it! It seemed really easy. I don't know how returns and stuff work with that but you should def check it out. Sounds like the same concept as MyRegistry.com which sounds cool too. You might be better off doing some kind of universal thing... then you don't have to commit to just one store.

    PS- have you gotten a diaper bag yet and would you be devastated if it weren't ppb? just curious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BBB & Target. Here's the secret with Target, if it's on your registry- you can return it. Coming from the return queen... if someone got me something that I didn't need from Target and it wasn't on my registry, I'd go online put it on my registry and then go return it... So target sucks at returning other things, but not when you're registered!

    I like BBB alot better than BRS. For some reason BRS makes me feel claustrophobic with babystuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground