Product Thursday

Thursday, January 27, 2011

So each Thursday I'm going to post a baby/mommy product I think is cool and get some ideas (hopefully) from my readers/friends. This blog doesn't get a ton of traffic outside of my girlfriends, Wives Club friends and my family, BUT they are all wonderful people and I appreciate their wisdom on anything and everything for Baby M.

So this week, let's start with this cool item from Skip Hop:

It's called The Pronto! Changing Station.

Photo via Skip Hop
I heard about this item through another mom blog (can't remember which one, sorry) and thought it was a pretty cool concept. It's a portable changing station that you can carry by hand, put in a bigger bag, or clip to your stroller. The pad part actually zips off the bag for cleaning; it comes with a wipes case and a front pocket big enough for a wallet, phone, keys etc. I would love to get one of these for the "quick" (irony alert) trips Baby M and I will take to the grocery store or on an errand.

Plus Matt would be ok carrying it versus this bag. Or this bag. Or this one. :)

Has anyone ever used a product like this and liked it? Do you think its useful or is my mommy to be vision blurred because it looks cool?

3 comments:

  1. So I haven't used this product - but I have the Skip Hop Diaper "Backpack" in grey which I got so Mr. Dad would have something. And I find myself using it too, it's great! Pretty small & comes with a diaper pad, room for bottles, lots of pockets.
    Anyway, I think if you tend to naturally carry light, the pronto changing station might work for you and Matt should definitely have something he'll carry! Love your Blog & Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tended to keep everything in our diaper bag (I had a pairs checklist : diapers/wipes, bibs/burpies, clothes/toys, bottles/food, phone/wallet) rather than switching from one thing to another. Call it momnesia or whatever, but if I deviated from the norm, I'd end up forgetting something important. Like formula. But I did have one of these to keep in/with the diaper bag. It was useful for restaurant diaper changes when I didn't want to lug the whole bag, as well as for keeping downstairs with the diaper bag so I didn't have to make the trek upstairs every time Cooper needed a change. So, there's definitely potential use value, but I wouldn't make it one of your big ticket items. They have ones that are perfectly fine at Target. :)

    Oh, and we had a messenger bag style diaper bag so Paul didn't feel too girly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most diaper bags come with a removable changing pad and I second Michelle that you will likely carry the whole diaper bag, at least when the baby is small because they just need so much stuff! I do love SkipHop products, good combo of functional and fashionable, but this looks like something you might get more use out of when the baby is a little older. I still keep the changing pad from our diaper bag in the back of the car for tailgate changes and for use in public restrooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground