So as I told you in this post, our adoption agency asked us to be part of a pilot they are conducting for families to create video profiles - normally adoptive families create a written family profile with pictures and essay's (it's the same version you can view by clicking "American Adoptions Profile").
Well our video is now complete. We filmed it over Christmas and the week after, and gave them some extra footage from our 5 year anniversary trip to Costa Rica. We interviewed three couples from our home group but only 2 made the video, and taped so much other great footage of our families, but it was cut down to about3 minutes. And they wouldn't let Matt make the edits, but they let us weigh in on the final video. As an FYI, it's not listed in the public view but you can watch it here!
Enjoy!
Enjoy!
Thanks to Meredith, David, Dawn, Owen, Paul, and Beth for taking the time during our holiday small group party to participate in the interviews. Thank you Laura and Dar for allowing footage of your precious boy, whom we love so very much, to be in the video as well. Thanks to our family who let us tape our holiday parties (even though the footage didn't make it.) We love you guys!
man, that was really great you guys. can't wait to meet your little one. he/she will be in the perfect place (with you).
ReplyDeleteTHIS is so beautiful:) You guys are awesome!!
ReplyDeletethis brought tears to my eyes. i am so excited for you guys to become parents. baby m is so blessed to have you guys waiting for him/her. you both are going to be amazing parents!! love you guys
ReplyDeleteOh boy... that made me all emotional. I love you guys so much!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteyeah!!!
ReplyDeleteAw...I'm all gushy inside!!!
ReplyDeletei have goose bumps and tears. come sweet Jesus...
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, friend.
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!
ReplyDelete-Elizabeth
i love it!!!! it is really sweet (and not as cheesy as I thought it would be) and makes me so hopeful for the soon-coming day when we will meet baby m!!!!! =) love you!
ReplyDelete-Mere
Been praying hardcore for u guys this morn and for baby m!
ReplyDeleteI'm sniffing and wiping tears. That was done well and is a beautiful way to spotlight you two. Baby M will come at the right time. I know it. I love you both so much and can't wait to be a part of my niece or nephew's life.
ReplyDeleteWonderful video, you two!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Made me cry.
ReplyDeleteBravo on the video Kara. Those folks painted a really genuine picture of you guys. You're onto great things. It's going to be a very good year...
ReplyDeleteSo good! I would pick you if I was the birth mother! You guys are precious and THIS WILL HAPPEN SOON!
ReplyDelete