For this week's post on a baby product, I was hunting around Oompa and saw all this fantastic eco friendly feeding gear. I've been reading a little on the effects of plastics and am shocked at how many chemicals leak into food from containers. If possible, I'd like to use some non plastic baby gear for feeding Baby M - BPA free bottles, stainless steel containers and bamboo plates and utensils.
The first item I liked was Lunchbots Stainless Steel Snack Container
![]() |
| Photo via Oompa |
It's stainless steel, lead free, and the lid is non VOC. It has a divider too, so you can separate snacks. I'd like to get a few of these. Lunchbots also makes a stainless steel dish set. So cute!
The other item I really liked was Bambu's Organic bamboo spoon set.
![]() |
| Photo via Oompa |
So my fellow moms and moms to be out there, what do you use for feeding? Did you worry about the effects of plastic? Did you like a specific eco friendly product?


I was also very concerned about plastic toxins when I first read about them. We did use BPA-free bottles and sippy cups but even felt uncomfortable heating those. We would always pour the liquid into a coffee mug if we needed to heat it up and then back into the bottle. We also switched to glass lids instead of Saran Wrap to cover foods when microwaving and we avoid anything that you "Cook in the Bag." I also made all their baby food and froze it into cubes for convinence, rather than trust food in plastic containers that could have been exposed to high temperatures in a warehouse somewhere.
ReplyDelete