I love, love, love weekends! (Who doesn't right?) This weekend we celebrated six years of marriage, hung out with friends and did a little work on our house.
We spent Friday night with friends watching UNC play Marquette. Saturday we headed to our local Ikea to look at light fixtures for our dining room, and to pick up a few items for the nursery. We also decided to peruse the kitchen showroom - we are planning (once our floors are refinished and we repaint the living/dining room) to add a few finishing touches to the kitchen - namely build a pantry and purchase new counter tops.
While we were in the kitchen showroom looking at counter tops, I started salivating over this white porcelain farm sink.
I've always wanted a farm sink, but they are expensive! The one at Ikea is $299, and the one I have kept my eye on at Lowe's is about twice that price. Needless to say, we can't swing that sort of cash on a kitchen sink!
We did find a great new lamp for Baby M's room on sale, a picture frame for my Grace Hester Designs print, and a new light fixture for the dining room. And we saw some great ideas for dining room tables.
As we were headed to the check out, I told Matt I wanted to check out the As Is section - normally it's a complete miss as most of the goods are things like couches, dining room tables or bar stools - things we don't need! But lo and behold, God is good! Because I walked in and this is what I found:
As we were headed to the check out, I told Matt I wanted to check out the As Is section - normally it's a complete miss as most of the goods are things like couches, dining room tables or bar stools - things we don't need! But lo and behold, God is good! Because I walked in and this is what I found:
That $299 farmhouse sink for $59! An 80% markdown due to damage. I freaked out and called Matt over. The damage was a 1.5 inch piece in the upper right corner that had cracked and fallen off (the piece was in the box). Matt did a quick assessment and measurement and determined that he could epoxy the piece back on. You'll still be able to see the crack but it's in a spot where it won't matter. Score! I literally danced my way to the checkout line.
We decided to celebrate our anniversary with dinner and a movie. We saw a matinee (Limitless - it was really good), then went to dinner at Rooster's. Dinner was amazing. We split an egg yolk and spare rib ravioli for an appetizer and then shared BBQ pork shoulder, roasted chicken, pan roasted corn, asparagus and fingerling potatoes for dinner.
We also had dessert - I gave myself ONE day to eat sweets - and it was totally worth it. We had a chocolate caramel tart with vanilla gelato.
| Happy Six Years! |

YAY SINK!!!!! I danced on my couch for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd your hubs is so handy... I'm sure it'll be an easy fix & fun story!
Also, I love the pic of you guys snuggling in the booth.
Imagining the way you squeezed in there & asked someone to snap a pic!
Thanks Rach! We totally squeezed into that booth and got the waiter to take the pic.
ReplyDeleteHope you are good Mama!
So exciting! I LOVE that As-Is section...we found our iron bed frame (orig. $100) for $35...still have yet to find the "scratch" they said was on it...love that sink for you lady!
ReplyDeleteDudeee that sink in the as-is section is such a find! I LOVE that sink when I saw it. Jealous. Also, the outfits post above^ love the date night!
ReplyDelete