As you know, we redid the floors in Baby M's nursery. It still looks fantastic! However, it's a little chilly on my feet and I think the nursery is missing a little oomph. Hence my rug search. I've been looking for a rug for months! Here is what I am looking for:
Something soft and washable (baby will be playing/laying on it I'm sure so it needs to be easily cleaned)
No baby motifs, no pink, baby blue
Has to match or compliment the rest of my decor - black, pure white (not ivory or off white), red and other bright saturated colors
Either round or rectangular - no bigger than a 3 x 5
Less than $150
I've been to Ikea, Target, Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, West Elm, and every online site you can imagine. Most places offer some of what I am looking for, but not all - mostly it's the colors. (Why is it so hard to find a pure red rug - not burgundy, not hot pink, just RED.)
This search has been quite discouraging. Until I discovered Target online! They offer so many options online vs. the store. Here are a few of my favorites:
| Photo via Target |
It's only $69.99 for a 3 x 5, it's a modern print, however it's a spot clean only rug. But I love the graphic black and white with the pop of orange. We have this aqua/orange baby blanket in the room and it's a fun accent.
![]() |
| Photo via Target |
It's pure white. Which could be a terrible idea with a kid right? Well I read the reviews and a few parents bought this for their nursery and said it was great - it's machine washable! It's also $69.99 and is a little bigger than I was thinking - 4 x 5.5.
![]() |
| Photo via Target |
This rug is only $49.99, is machine washable and is modern. BUT I am worried that it is not enough pop of color given it's the grey is almost the color of the floor. Also, I have enough polka dots in the room already with my Ikea Poang chair I re-covered.
![]() |
| Photo via Target |
Maybe I'll order both the zebra rug and the white shag and see which works best. Target online offers free shipping on orders more than $50, and you can return items to the store. How awesome is that? Which one do you like?
P.S. Thanks for voting for our blog. If you could take a moment and click the button below, then click the link in the new window, and you're done!




LOVE the white!!!! I love white towels, clothes, etc. They wash easier than anything else. Sometimes all you need is a little Oxy Clean!
ReplyDeletemy advice, don't go white, don't go shag. i vote zebra. hot AND pop of color... and gender neutral not to mention enough pattern to distract your eyes from possible stains (what is going to stain in a nursery anyway? the only thing you might be dealing with is spit up or possible poop, but that's what a changing table is for. Just saying. :) The nursery is the one place in the room where you can be crazy so I'd say go big (GRAPHIC OR POP OF COLOR) or go home. white is too blah. no offense to the above commenter ;)
ReplyDeleteAnother option you might want to consider is FLOR.... (flor.com). We use it in several areas of our own house, and it's really kid friendly - when the inevitable accidents happen - all you do is remove the part that is affected instead of having to have the entire thing cleaned.
ReplyDeleteYes, white is a b-a-d call. I like the T-shirt shag one. Bite the bullet for a rug-- they're worth the $. I also like the zebra one. You need more color, though... Oh, great now I have to look around.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! (insert evil laugh) Exactly my plan Tia! ;)
ReplyDeleteI assume you got my emails? Whatcha think?
ReplyDeleteI didn't have a chance to look at them yet but will tonight or tomorrow! Thank you!
ReplyDelete