Good Friday

Friday, April 22, 2011

I am a Christian. Or "born again." Or a Christ-follower Or even a spirit-filled woman of God.

In other words, I love Jesus. I committed my life to him at 14, then again at 19, then again at 23. My early years as a Christian were a roller coaster of faith and doubt - hence me committing myself to Him three times in nine years.

My life has been so very different knowing God, knowing truth and faith and being in a community of other believers. It has not always been easy. I still struggle with my faith sometimes - understanding God's will for my life, and the lives of the people I love the most who have faced heartache, suffering and pain. I know God is good and His intentions for all of us is what Jeremiah says in Chapter 29, verses 11-13:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I have been seeking God's heart for ten solid years now, since my last and final commitment of my life to Him. I have learned so much about His character, about what is required of me, how to be salt and light, how to forgive others and myself, and how to love as He calls us to love. I am not perfect in any of these things, but thankfully Jesus is and He is who I base my identity in.
Today, I am thankful for the last ten years of faith, hope and joy.
Today, I am thankful for my community that carry each other in truth and faith.
Today, I am thankful for this "good" Friday that commemorates the death of my savior.

He died so we might live. Love and Grace to you and yours on this Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground