Thankful

Saturday, April 2, 2011

This afternoon I was reminded in multiple ways how thankfulness transforms - it changes our poor, sour outlooks into something full of life and light.

This week we had a few snafus, some small, some large. I was in a foul mood most of the week and complained and whined like a baby about it at one point. I am not proud of myself for acting so immature, so ungrateful and bitter.

God is always so good to us regardless. 

I was reminded today, through two precious friends, that it can always be worse. That I have so much to be thankful for. 

I am thankful for my God, who loves me despite my sin.
I am thankful for my husband, who is the hardest working man I know.
I am thankful for my parents who are wise and wonderful.
I am thankful for my friends, who are my second family.
I am thankful for my home, in all its comfort.
I am thankful for my dog Bella who is the best greeter I know.
I am thankful for my cat Tiny who purrs whenever he sees me. 
I am thankful for the small things: coffee, sunshine, cherry blossoms.
I am thankful for warm hugs, deep conversations, messages full of encouragement. 
I am thankful for this outlet to share my heart and my life.

What are you thankful for today?


Be a peach and vote! Thanks!
Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Love this post - sounds like the kind of week I had.

    It's good to be reminded of His greatness. The Lord never fails us - even in the small, stupid things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground