As I said in this post, some of our documents for our adoption are about to expire (one of them this month) and our overall homestudy will expire in early August.
So the paperwork shuffle begins again. Last Thursday during my lunch hour, Matt picked me up and we headed to the Sheriff's Office to get our fingerprints. We parked, walked in the 90 degree heat two blocks to the building to find out that we forgot our paperwork back at my office.
We drove back, I ran upstairs to my desk to pick up the forms, we found another parking spot, this time 3 blocks away, walked in sweaty and out of breath and they told us we had the wrong forms.
(Sigh.)
The form from 2010 is no longer valid - there is a new process/form and they gave me the name of it so I could find it online. When I asked if they had paper copies there, they just looked at me like I was crazy and said, "We don't have the forms here." I replied, "What if someone doesn't have the internet?" She just looked at me like I was crazy. Again. And then said in the most monotone, uncaring voice, "Sorry."
Dear government employees, I know you hate your job, but can't you throw a girl a bone?!
So we headed back Friday afternoon with the right paperwork, took our fingerprints for the State Criminal background check (which expires later this month) and for our FBI Clearance (which expires in August, but takes 6-8 weeks to get the results back).
| FBI stuff on the left, state stuff on the right. This photo is so boring. |
| Another boring photo of our fingerprints. This blog post is rocking your world right? ;) |
I knew this was coming, but I guess I had just hoped that we'd be matched and the adoption would be final before everything expired... here's to wishing!
I know it is so hard- but great job being pro-active. The Lord helps those who help themselves, right? Your blessings are coming- I am certain of it.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness...and they wonder why people aren't just flocking to adopt. i've actually had the thought cross my mind a time or two for the future but watching a couple of friends of ours go through the process has me questioning whether or not i could handle it all. i pray this is the only time you have to go through this before you have your precious bundle in your arms :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think the photo is boring at all! I'm very intrigued by your vase and the little white things sitting beside it! I'm totally impressed with how you guys are pushing through so much... I can't imagine, but kind of can at the same time... Its a long story.
ReplyDeletecuss
ReplyDeletehow can they make things so difficult when there are sooo many children in need of good homes? doesn't make sense.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog on top baby blogs. DH and I adopted our sweet little man last year. I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this again. Friends of ours just had to update too and it was a HUGE hassle. Just doesnt make sense especially if nothing changes. Hopefully this will be the last time you have to redo your homestudy/forms! Good Luck! Its an amazing road you are on I promise! :)
ReplyDeleteI found your blog on Top baby Blogs. Just wanted to wish you tons of luck! Dh and I adopted our son after years of IF. It has been the best journey we have been on! We also had friends that had their paper work expire. So frustrating and makes little sense since nothing really changes from year to year for most people!
ReplyDeleteSorry the first one didnt seem to go through but I guess it did! :) You can delete it!
ReplyDeleteUber boo!
ReplyDeleteGEEZE!!! And isn't it funny when people who find out you're experiencing infertility suggest that you "JUST adopt"??? What is "just" about this horrific process??!!! Does this seem like the easy way out?? Good grief. Many prayers that you will not see THIS round of work expire!!
ReplyDelete