Conversations

Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Monday, while we were in Los Angeles, we had an early morning conference call with the adoption agency and the birthmother.

Matt and I had prayed that God would give us the right words to say, that we would remember that this woman is a human being making an incredibly difficult decision, and that we would just be ourselves so she would feel comfortable.

We were nervous. She was nervous. But it went so well despite our anxiety.

________________________________________________
Let me tell you, this woman is extraordinary.

She is smart, and funny and nice and was trying to make sure that we were comfortable with her the whole time. We spent the thirty minutes talking about our backgrounds, asking each other questions, just getting to know one another.

I told her that I didn't know if it was appropriate to thank her or not, but I had to - I had to tell her how much her decision has changed our life. That her decision is creating a family for us, and how long we, along with our friends and family, have been praying for her and that baby in her womb.
________________________________________________


We ended the time with exchanging email addresses - we gave her the "Matt & Kara Adopt" address and we've been in constant contact with her since. (The agency is copied on every email.) She's sent us pictures of herself, and pictures of the biological father. We sent her pictures of our house and us. Once I get done with the nursery, I'll send her those too - post to come on the finished product!

We feel so blessed to know her and be a part of these last few months of her pregnancy.

I'm praying for her and my son, for their health, and for her precious heart. And as a Christian, I'm also praying for her salvation. I know that might be controversial to some, but for me, it's important that she understand that there is a living God that loves her.


Happy Friday to you and yours!
Love, Matt & Kara



10 comments:

  1. i feel like a hormonal, teary-eyed mess. oh kara, this is so beautiful. every time you say "my son" i just cry, i can't help it. this is going to be an adventure of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I keep imagining your baby and now, this woman as a new member of your extended family that you will also meet someday. Family is bigger than we ever imagined, isn't it?
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry every single time I visit your blog, in a good way!!! This is just so amazingly wonderful, what a lucky baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! It's one of the BEST conversations you will ever have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet post :)

    What agency are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time I met you Kara, I loved you instantly! You are uniquely special. I hope the birth parents read this comment. Their baby will be one of the most blessed babies born! And, I know that your son will feel the love of 2 wonderful and thankful parents and will certainly know the love of God! I am crying with joy for you all!

    Much, much love sweetheart!
    Rebecca (Jess's momma)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that things went well with the birth momma! I think its wonderful that you get to contact her and talk. Keep praying for her and baby. God does amazing things :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground