It's been over 10 months since we've become a "waiting family" and three and a half years of trying for a biological child. It's been four years waiting for our Baby M.
But it was worth the wait, because last Monday we got a call from the adoption agency...THE CALL!
We've been matched with a birthmother. We are going to be parents!
Baby M is due September 26. It's a boy!
We are so excited
and joyous
and in shock
and elated
and already in love (with our son, but also each other) !
Telling this news over the last week to our family and best friends has been so. much. fun. We wish we could have taped all the reactions of joy, screaming, crying and hugging. It's a love fest and we can't wait to tell our son about the celebrating that was done in his honor.
Thank you to our friends and family for your support, love and prayers over the last four years. And thanks to all you wonderful readers out there, who have encouraged us along the way.
Love, Matt and Kara
Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG! OMG! OMG!!! I am so excited and already covering your precious one in prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, oh my gosh! SSSOOOOOO EXCITING and EXCITED FOR YOU!
ReplyDeletecrying ohsohappy tears yet again!! woohoooooo!!!!
ReplyDeleteHorray! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteYah!!! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you all! You will be the best parents!
ReplyDeleteHoly CRAP!!! That is AMAZING:) Still have goosebumps from reading this... so awesome, Kara:)
ReplyDeleteYah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat happy news!!! I am so excited for you and your baby!!
ReplyDeleteI am beyond excited for you and matt! I have been praying for months for your family to grow! God is good! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOkay I'm crying.
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHH! Kara!
a million congratulations to you guys. SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! such great news!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh!!!! Oh Kara - I am so excited for you and your new little family. I am just thrilled and having to check and re check this comment to make sure all is spelled correctly because I can't see for all the tears!! Love love love!!! Oh - just think of all the wonderful holiday gatherings with your new little guy!! Get ready for the best times of your life!!!
ReplyDeleteKara! I am sooo excited for you! May the Lord continue to bless you with His great plans as you move into this new season of parenthood!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you both! We look forward to meeting your sweet baby boy!
ReplyDeleteAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Kara, I am so excited for you and your husband! I have been following your blog and praying that everything would come together. You are going to be a wonderful mother, congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! So excited for you :)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! Now the real countdown begins... Savor every minute!!
ReplyDeleteoh my GAWSH!! soo happy for you guys!!
ReplyDeletei used to live in jamaica and in 05 picked up a 2 day old baby girl whose mother was going to leave her in a dumpster. by the time she was 8 months old, a couple from iowa was already starting the adoption process for her. they "should have" had her by the time she was two or 3, but there was a lot of legal drama surrounding her case. she just graduated preschool last month. and they are finally picking her up from the island this week. always worth the wait for your child, no matter how long it takes and even though the waiting is hard.
can't wait for you to be united in person with your baby boy!!
YAH! It's time!! I can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you guys Kathleen Hager ( the Hager mom)
ReplyDeleteBBBBBAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for telling everyone i've literally been bursting at the seams. eEEEEeeeEEEEEeEEEEeeeee!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSOOOO excited for you both!! Congratulations on your baby boy!!!
ReplyDeleteI just burst into tears at my desk. I literally don't think I could be happier for you. Absolutely incredible.
ReplyDeleteand I'm crying yet again! Can't wait to meet your SON!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God! Overjoyed for you all!!!
ReplyDeleteaghhh!!!! I literally just burst into tears. No words.
ReplyDeleteexcited for you friend
ReplyDeleteYAAAAAAAAYYY!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so very excited for you guys! Sept will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI just cried reading your blog... so so so very excited for you Kara. Can't wait to meet the little man!
ReplyDeletewhat a blessing!!!! congratulations on your sweet baby boy!!!!
ReplyDeletewhooooooofreakinhooooooo! My heart is full of joy and thanksfulness to our Lord! This by far is the best Tuesday I've had in awhile. Congrats and praying for your baby boy!
ReplyDelete!!! just burst into tears when I saw this!
ReplyDeleteyah!!!! Baby M!!!! love you guys !!!-Katrina
ReplyDeletesuch joy!
ReplyDelete-Kelly
Yeeaaahhhhh!
ReplyDeleteCongrats cuz! We are all very happy for you here in Pensacola!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I teared up I was so excited!! We want see you guys while we are here! William is going to call Matt
ReplyDeleteDoing my happy dance again!
ReplyDeletebeen looking at baby clothes and toys and books and games and stuffed animals... this future Aunt is frozen with wanting to buy EVERYTHING for Baby M!!! :) What do you need? What does Baby M need? so excited!!!
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (also cried tears of joy - so happy for y'all)
ReplyDeleteboys are the BEST!
ReplyDeleteOh I am crying tears of joy, my dear, dear girl. god is good and so are you! -jane
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you all!!!! You will be wonderful parents
ReplyDeleteOMG OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES YES YES AND AMEN!
ReplyDeleteYessss! I am so happy and excited for you! Also? M's birthday is the 25th! eeep!
ReplyDeleteso excited for you both! you deserve this happiness...it will only get better :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!!! Xxxx
ReplyDeleteOh, such amazing news! You are going to a mummy and daddy! I'm all teary, so excited to read your news, Rhi xx
ReplyDeletewww.lovewisdommotherhood.blogspot.com
A lovely time to welcome home a baby! Hooray!!
ReplyDeleteSo so happy for you and for him! -Leta
ReplyDeleteso so so so so so so so so so so..... excited to meet and love this little man. finally! God is good and his timing is so perfect!
ReplyDeletewhat a blessed child, to be chosen for you to love & care for :)
ReplyDeleteKara, I don't often post but I ALWAYS read your posts and pray for you. I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing news!! Such a blessing to see two people with so much love have their dreams come true!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys! I don't even personally know you, but I want to jump for joy! Praise Jesus! He will be such a lucky little guy!
ReplyDeleteDelurking to say Congratulations!
ReplyDeletecongrats matt & kara!! Praise The Lamb!!
ReplyDeleteYES!!!!! Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFriend of Laura Short's, and she has shared some of your journey with me. I can't tell you how excited I am for you! Very awesome! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, YAY! I am so happy for the both of you <3.
ReplyDeletexoxo
WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR OUR NEW COUSIN TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Wyatt and Ellie and Aunt Ami XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOX
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through OhDearDrea. Congratulations on your match! I'm adding your blog to my feed and can't wait to hear all about the excitement on the way.
Best wishes,
Janelle :)
I've been following your blog for several months now on Google Reader. When I first found your blog, I thought, "It'll be so cool when I check it and the post says, 'MATCH!'" I can only imagine how much you cried when you got the phone call that said, "MATCH!" because when I read the post, I had to shut my office door so people wouldn't see my cry for you. A huge congratulations to you both. This is amazing news :)
ReplyDelete