Baby M is due in 26 days!!!! We don't know the birth plan (yet) for the biological mother, if she'll go early or late, how much the baby weighs at this point, where we will stay in Missouri (we can't book a hotel without knowing dates) and when our flights are (again, need dates to book).
This Type A personality of mine is getting rocked.
I am worried that the delivery will go wrong, or that we won't make it in time for the birth, or that, God forbid, she will change her mind at the last minute and decide to parent her child. I think the last worry is highly unlikely, but it consumes me daily.
All I can do is pack for multiple scenarios and pray.
We are still so excited. And in love with this child that we do not know. But the nervous energy is starting to dominate my mind and heart.
Any other adoptive parents out there want to give me some advice? I need it. I need to hear some logic and encouragement today.
I'm not an adoptive mother - in fact, I'm not even a mother (yet). But I do tend to lean more Type A. I've been following your journey for a while now and just want to let you know that I have been praying like a mad woman for you and Matt. You have been such an encouragment to me to keep the faith and hope.
ReplyDelete"The lord himself goes before you and will be with you: he will never leave you or forsake you. do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8
I am a mom to twins that I carried- so I have no advice- but to take some deep breathes, i know easier said than done....but I am a true believer in God and he chose you all to be this boys parents- he would not take that away...that is what I would tell myself is I were you! 26 days! how cool!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't say God Forbid because God's plan IS perfect. I definitely know what you mean, but if circumstances do sadly change, know that it was written in Baby M's story from before he even came to be. Sending prayers and well wishes your way!
ReplyDeletePS I didn't mean this to come off rude, it was meant as encouragement for the less than optimal scenario.
xoxo
Lauren
You thoughts and worries are completely rational and normal! Our little man was 2 weeks 6 days early so our "plan" was out the window in no time. Our birthmom's original plan was for us to come down sometime after he was born. Well the day she went into labor she wanted us there 10 mins ago basically. Unfortunately my husband was 3hrs away and then we had to drive another 2.5 hours. So needless to say we missed his birth by a few hours. I was bummed but in the end there were so many firsts that I got to experience and we were there 3 hours after he was born. Take a deep breath. Everything will fall into place exactly how it's supposed to and remember that everything you do with him will be 1sts for you! Email me anytime! I know this 26 day wait. I know the emotions. Enjoy these last few days with just you and your husband because life is about to get crazy! :)
ReplyDeleteDoes Southwest fly there? At least that way you can book and change (for no cost) if you 'guess' the birthdate incorrectly.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine what you are feeling!
Prayers for you, your husband, and the birth mother. I think the best part about when a baby enters the world is that its entirely in God's hands :) I don't know if you've also checked out http://www.therhouse.com/ she has great advice about adopting and a lot of resources. Best of luck and lots of prayers :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the month of your baby's birth - hooray! You are completely justified in your nervous energy - every parent gets more anxious as the due date gets closer! All I can say is that you're going to have to put your Type A personality on hold for a bit (probably several decades) but it has been really, really good for me, and hopefully you'll find it refreshing as well! I was a nervous wreck with my second - I was so afraid that I wouldn't have time for my first child anymore. God brought her a month early to teach me that my worries were unfounded and to teach me that I needed to go with the flow a bit more (and it worked)! :-) Enjoy this special time as best you can. Your son will be here before you know it and everything will go as He has planned.
ReplyDeleteWhile I have no advice... you are an amazing mom already. Oh, I can't wait to see this little boy. We all love baby M and (all of) his parents! I can't believe it's coming so soon!
ReplyDeleteHi Matt & Kara!
ReplyDeleteI am a birth mom that gave my baby up for adoption 4 years ago. I am praying for you guys that everything go as smoothly as possible and that your little baby M will soon be home with you...Good luck!!
-A
I have three home grown kids and one adopted. Really, there isn't much difference. EVERY expectant mother feels this way....being a mother is hard for all of us. And we Type A's need to learn that we can't control very much!! That's one of the blessings of motherhood...learning that lesson that we can't make life work out the way we want....
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts your way!