"Oh child of my womb and fruit of my desire, it was pleasure to hold the small cheeks in the hands, it was pleasure to feel the tiny clutching of the fingers, it was pleasure to feel the little mouth tugging at the breast. Such is the nature of women. Such is the lot of women, to carry, to bear, to watch, and to lose."
-Alan Paton from "Cry the Beloved Country"
October 15th was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.
For all who have suffered the terrible and tragic loss of a baby, I pray for peace that passes all understanding and for love to overwhelm you.
-Alan Paton from "Cry the Beloved Country"
October 15th was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.
For all who have suffered the terrible and tragic loss of a baby, I pray for peace that passes all understanding and for love to overwhelm you.
I just discovered your blog, but I am enjoying your writing and the insights into your life. I cried along with you reading your posts about your grief. I hate that you've had to go through this experience, but I'd bet that when you do get the opportunity to parent a lucky child- you'll do that much better of a job having been through this pain. Have faith that your life is going to turn out just the way you've always hoped- it will!
ReplyDelete