Dinnertime: Chicken Pot Pie

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This is another easy meal and a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients
1 Puff Pastry Sheet (thawed)
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen white or yellow corn
2 lbs cooked chicken, sliced/shredded (not pictured)
2 14.5 oz cans corn chowder
1 tablespoon thyme
salt and pepper

Pre-heat your oven to 400. In a large bowl, combine the chowder, spices, chicken and frozen veggies and mix well.

Pour into a baking dish (I normally spray the top rim with a little cooking spray first)

Lay the pastry sheet on top, tucking in the edges and cut vents in the center.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is brown.

Serves 4! Enjoy!

Alternatives to recipe:
If you cannot find plain corn chowder, use chicken and corn chowder.
Add 1 cup chopped baby carrots for more veggies.

2 comments:

  1. yum yum yum! I will be making this soon.

    flyfromthehighestswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do one similar with frozen mixed veggies and the garlic cream of mushroom soup. It's the puff pastry on top that makes it the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground