I decided to attempt a craft (which I have not done in years!) and make a yarn wreath with felt flowers. I was totally inspired by Danielle's DIY from Take Heart. I am going to make a few more of these for gifts, but this one is for our home.
Start with a straw wreath, yarn, 2 pieces of felt (I bought 1 red and 1 cream that were pre-cut from the craft store), a glue gun and some cute buttons.
Wrap your wreath with the yarn. I left the plastic cover on the wreath to help keep the yarn smooth.
Wrap until done!
Then create your felt flowers. I simply printed out some leaf and flower templates (I Googled "felt flowers template" and found a ton of designs.) Then trace onto your felt and cut out.
Then figure out how you want your flowers to look. I like dimension and wanted some flowers to be flat and for some to have some heft and shape. Play around until you achieve your desired look.
Turn on your glue gun and create your flowers.
I glued buttons to the center of each flower.
And I added some leaves to this one to give it some pop.
Once you are done creating your flowers, glue them to the wreath.
That was so much fun to make! I can't wait to do a few more for gifts.

Looks so cute and simple enough to make. I might just have to try my own.
ReplyDeleteAdorable idea. Might just have to give this one a whirl.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is way cute, KAra! I think I might have to make this a holiday craft with my daughter- she thinks anything with a hot glue gun is heavenly. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking!! :))
ReplyDeleteLove the color combo!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! Nice!!!
ReplyDeleteSO cute! look at you, all crafty! ;)
ReplyDelete