Thankful

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

For those who are celebrating the holiday, I wanted to share some things I am thankful for:

Matt
 He is such a wonderful husband and friend - kind, caring, patient, funny and pushes me to be a better version of myself. I feel most at home when I am with him. I am so blessed to have him in my life as my partner, best friend and hubster.


My Parents
 They are both healthy, happy and thriving. They are still my biggest champions and their wisdom is something I cherish. They are so fun to be around and I love them silly.


My Girlfriends
 I honestly think I have the most awesome friends on the planet. I cannot describe how amazing this community is to me. I know I can count on them; in turn, they know they can count on me. They make life so much fun and so full of love and light.


My Job
 I work at a big company that has it's serious pitfalls - the politics, the corporate lifestyle - but my boss and my teammates are supportive and fun. If I had to spend 40+ hours a week with anyone, it would be them. Also, as an adult who cares about this sort of thing, the benefits are awesome.


My Home
 We live in 912 square feet of wonderfulness. We have a roof (albeit a leaky one right now) over our heads, we have a warm bed to sleep in, and food in the cabinets and fridge. We have heat  (and AC in the hot North Carolina summers), and electricity and indoor plumbing. I don't take these little things for granted.


My Faith
Via
The past few years have not always been so sweet. But along with the suffering and heartache, there is always hope, always joy. I attribute that to my God, and my faith that He is good and His grace endures. My faith in Him and His character has carried me in times of trial. I would not be who I am without Jesus.


What are you thankful for today?

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to a very inspiring woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, friend! I hope you have a wonderful time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all of the little things as well, I think sometimes they are the most important of all. :)

    -Sara-

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~That at 54 I can still go exercise every morning.
    ~That I have children who love me in spite of...
    ~That my husband is amazing...after 36 years.
    ~That Jesus is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for the baby who WILL find his or her way into your arms. It will happen, my sweet love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground