Christmas Questions

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I saw this cute questionnaire over at Mama and the Dudes and thought I'd do it too!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate! Especially withe some peppermint schnapps or Bailey's!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a kid they were wrapped but strangely enough, the tags had my mother's handwriting on them! 
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, although growing up we did colored with homemade ornaments and it was just precious.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, and I wish someone in our family did!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love my mother's mashed potatoes - they have both sour cream and cream cheese in them. Dee-lish!
 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When we lived in Oklahoma, we traveled to either North Carolina (Dad's family) or Missouri (Mom's family) for the holiday. I loved waking up with my cousins and opening presents with my whole family around us.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In first grade, I heard my parents walking down the hallway towards the living room, so I snuck out of bed an d watched them wrap the gifts from Santa and eat the cookies I left out. I told my parents later that year that I knew he wasn't real and my mom made me promise to not tell the kids at school.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was a kid, we all opened one little gift on Christmas Eve after the church service. Now we wait until Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Over the last few years since Matt and I had had a tree, we decorate with white lights and silver and red ornaments. I'd like to change the color scheme for next year though.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it! Growing up in Oklahoma, we always had snow in the winter, but in NC it doesn't snow often and when it does, it melts quickly.
12. Can you ice skate? Heck no.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I have a favorite... every gift has been thoughtful and sweet.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The time with family and friends!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I could eat pumpkin pie all year long and my father in law makes the best pumpkin pies. But I also love anything chocolate with peppermint.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Since Matt and I got married, we have hosted a game night either on Christmas night, or the night after. It's for our friends and Matt's siblings and it is always so much fun.
17. What tops your tree? Sadly nothing right now as I have not found a tree topper I like!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving, and watching the receivers open the gift, especially if it was something I made.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum! So good to dip in hot chocolate!
20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Holiday or Love Actually.
21. Saddest Christmas song? I don't know if it's sad, but Josh Groban's version of Oh Holy Night makes me bawl my eyes out.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love singing Silent Night at church on Christmas Eve. But for the radio, I love "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey.

Now it's your turn to do this fun set of questions! Be sure to link back in the comments :)

12 comments:

  1. I am doing this for my Friday post, I love it!! I am definitely going to link back as well. I love #14! That's what makes the holidays so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surveys! I'd take way too many if I had less self control. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post this tomorrow, thanks for a little Christmas inspiration!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on this now, will be posted in twenty minutes or so. Thanks Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added three questions to the end to make it 25 questions. Hope thats ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to the holiday and love actually! I watched holiday the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely had fun with this one! Loving all things Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JJ- Of course you can add questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea! I just did it over on my blog: http://frombeantosprout.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/christmas-questions/
    Melina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea-here is my version over at my blog: http://themerrymrsmobley.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-questionnaire.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these questions! Here are my answers: http://adelphebre.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-questions.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground