16 Weeks

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taken via iPhone. This was in Chelsea (NYC)!
 How far along: 16 weeks

Baby's size: 4 and 1/2 inches long - the size of an avocado. (Don't you love how they always compare your kid to fruit and veggies?)

Sleep: Amazing, but my dreams are totally wacky. Last week I had a dream that I was 16 and pregnant, and was knocked up by one of the skate kids that we know. Oy vey!

Maternity Clothes: Found 4 maternity shirts at H&M, 1 maternity dress at TopShop and a few non-maternity, but flowy shirts that will work in NYC this past weekend. I still need some work maternity pants. 

Food cravings: Cheese, pizza, pasta, and anything sweet. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can though (except this past weekend in NYC I ate terrible - it was vacation).

Food aversions: None. We actually walked through Curry Hill (a block and a half of Indian restaurants in Murray Hill) and didn't feel sick.

Symptoms I have: I am getting those strange pains/cramps around my uterus as it grows. 

Doctor’s Appointment: Next one is March 9th!!

Movement: None that I can feel.

Belly Button: Innie.But my belly is starting to "pop" a little.

Gender: Unknown. Matt is hoping for a boy, and I don't have a feeling either way.

What I’m looking forward to: Seeing the peanut on an ultrasound in a few weeks.

What I miss: Wine (again!)

12 comments:

  1. that dream is hilarious! I had the most off the wall dreams when I was pregnant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you feel so much better! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, you are so beautiful! Your belly is starting to show :) yayyy for babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to your cravings, sounds like a girl... I had all the same cravings... :) I agree with Danielle, Yay for babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people think I'm having a girl! We'll see - the ultrasound is 2 weeks away.

      Delete
  5. you look so dang amazing! i LOVE these pictures! and i love your hair like this. and...i just love you! eeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful and sassy!! Love that baby belly starting to poke out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh so excitted! i meant to ask you guys what made you want to find out the gender? also are you having those amnio tests etc done? oh and lastly i know you had a name picked out for the child you were going to adopt. are you using that name or a new one? also are you going to have a list of names then look and see when he/she is born? or a 100% name if it is a boy and a 100% name if it is a girl? sorry for the questions i am intrigued by names and the naming process. i know someone who decided if she had a boy it would be thomas alexander 100% she got things made with the name. when he was born they changed it to Daniel as he didn't seem like a Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are finding out the sex (in 2 weeks) and if it's a boy, we plan to use the same name that we wanted for the little boy we almost adopted. :)

      Delete
  8. I love reading your blog! Always so fun! I also think it is funny how they compare the baby to food.. They must know the way to a pregnant woman's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only posted a time or two before but I love the week by week progression! I too had those cramps on and off my whole pregnancy...getting out of my husbands truck was always challenging and somewhat painful hahaha Enjoy these cravings! Foods don't taste nearly as good post baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground