Lately

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Some random tidbits...
  • Matt was in Salt Lake City this weekend snowboarding with two of our friends who live there, so it was just me, the dog and the cat - to be honest, I hate sleeping in this house alone. We live in a transitional neighborhood and while it's pretty safe, I always get freaked out. Thankfully my dog gets hypersensitive when Matt is not here and her bark sounds pretty scary. Plus we have an alarm system. :)

  • I am starting to think about this blog and what direction I want it to go in. Right now it's a mish-mash of things - events from my life, pictures from Instagram, and musings of my heart. Someone described it as a "lifestyle" blog, but I'm not sure what kind of lifestyle I'm touting here! I want to truly write something each week - something from my heart that the Lord or life is teaching me. I want to continue to do pregnancy updates (and when the baby is here, do a weekly update on his/her little life). And I do want to do more recipes, but I'm not sure if I can keep up with one a week... I just don't know what else I want to do.

  • As I've mentioned before I have a potty mouth. I am not proud of this fact, but I cuss a lot when I am trying to be funny or I'm pissed. The weekend I was in NYC, it was so cold I kept cussing as the wind would gust up around us. (In fact Jessie admitted that the cold made her cuss. Like it was involuntary. Ha!) I felt somewhat convicted while we were there and had this conversation with Jessie and Lorean on Sunday:
    Me: (As the wind is blowing in my face). F---! It's cold!
    Lorean/Jessie: (Laughing)
    Me: The cold makes me want to cuss. Sorry... actually, I cuss all the time. I probably need to stop before my kid is born, right?
    Lorean: That will never happen.
    Me: Shut the h--- up! Oh s---. I just cussed again. Twice. Maybe you're right.

    So, yeah.... I need to stop cussing. It's not Christ-like and it's not ladylike!
  •  The idea of gaining 10-12 pounds this trimester is really scary to me. I only gained a pound during the first trimester due to puking on a daily basis / barely eating due to the nausea (although I did start the pregnancy about 4 pounds over my normal weight!) I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible with lots of fruit and veggies, but I've trained myself to always LOSE weight, not gain it. 
  •  This is so frivolous, but I learned how to curl my hair and make it that sexy/wavy/bouncy look and it makes me SO HAPPY (see yesterday's photos)! It's the little things right? 
  • I joined Twitter last night! Follow me if you please - @karamott 
    Hope you are having a great day!

    13 comments:

    1. This is probably bad, but I didn't START cussing until the baby was born??? But yes you are right- bad habit. :) And I have been LOVING your curled hair, so beautiful.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Kara! I'm SO HAPPY you admitted to cussing! I, too, love God, but have a sailor's mouth when I'm frustrated. It's so hard to stop, but I want God's love to shine through me, not a bunch of bad words! It's probably my biggest challenge right now.

        God Bless..and don't worry about the weight. It will all even out in the end. I gained I think about 5 lbs. my 1st trimester, 17 my 2nd and 11 my 3rd. 33 lbs. total. Currently my baby is 9.5 months and I am 2 lbs. away from pre-baby weight. So I promise, you'll be fine!

        Delete
    2. Kelley - It really is a struggle for me because it's now become more of my mode of operation than anything. I hate it when I hear myself cuss. Maybe I should start one of those jars where everytime I cuss, I put a dollar in it?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. and don't forget, your baby can hear you now.... :) ha love you woman. you'll curb it real fast once baby gets here and starts repeating EVERYTHING you say!

        Delete
    3. I have a total potty mouth and am trying to alter it for motherhood... it's not easy ;)

      It is SO scary to step on the scales and GAIN weight when we're so used to losing it! I lost weight in my first trimester and going into my third trimester have only put on 8lbs all together. I think as long as you're eating healthily and giving your body anything it's craving then you can kind of ignore the guidelines. I do anyway! x

      ReplyDelete
    4. I really enjoy your blog, and I look forward to whatever you feel like writing! Do you think you could share how you got your hair to do that wavy/bouncy thing? I have been trying to figure that out myself!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am actually going to do a tutorial on it soon because a lot have asked. It's actually super easy if you know how to use a curling iron properly. More to come!!

        Delete
    5. Seriously I love the blog. Its perfectly fine to be in a million directions :) Its your blog you can be all over the place. Im totally the same way when I am home alone. It sucks to feel uneasy even when you live in a safe place. The smallest noises freak me out but thankfully our dogs bark is pretty scary too even if she is little.
      I wouldn't stress about the weight gain. If you are determined after baby comes you will find a way to lose it again and just feeding and eventually chasing baby around will help.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Awesome Kara! Looking forward to it! If you could mention the type of curling iron you have that would be great. I need to get one - I only have a straightener right now!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I have been reading your posts for a bit now,(and we go to the same church-but I have never seen you!) and finally had to say something about the potty mouth thing. I am right there with you...especially when I'm talking about something I feel strongly about..and I don't know how to stop! Because I don't necessarily feel bad about it. I think that's worse! All in good time?(maybe that's my version of an excuse) love your blog, btw.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for commenting!!

    Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground