Dinnertime: Pimento Cheese

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Disclaimer: This is obviously not a dinner recipe, but I had to include it in this series. 

I'm a Southern lady and I love pimento cheese. This is a staple item in spring and summer, especially at parties and our annual beach trips.
Ingredients
2 cups thickly shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup shredded pepper jack
a little less than 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (7oz) jar of pimentos, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl together. 

Side Note: I start with only a little less than 1/2 cup mayo, but if you feel you need more add a spoonful at a time until you get the consistency you desire. Personally, I like my pimento cheese a little more cheesy/less mayonnaisey with a kick from the pepper jack cheese. If you want a more traditional recipe, do 1 cup Swiss cheese instead of 1 cup pepper jack.


Makes 3 cups - refrigerate and enjoy! We eat the cheese on crackers for a snack, dip veggies into it, eat it as a sandwich (cold or grilled) or as the "cheese" on a hamburger. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm!!! I love pimento cheese, but have never made it at home! I will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pimento cheese and glad to find someone else to does too! I usually make mine with finely shredded mild cheddar. I've got to try your version!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground