A lot of you have asked me how I do my hair in that wavy/beachy look - so here is the tutorial!
The tools you need:
1 inch curling iron - I like Revlon's ceramic version
Hairspray - I use Pantene's classic in light hold so it stays but your hair is still touchable
A boar bristle brush - it smooths and makes hair shiny.
Also, start with hair that has some product in it, like a styling foam or mousse. You'll need your hair to have some holding power - second day hair works too!
I decided to do a video instead of pictures because I figured it would be easier to follow. This is my first video blog, so be kind! ;) Also, I sped up parts of the tutorial to shorten the video so you might see me talking in those parts but not hear anything - I'm not saying anything important!
Another great hair tutorial for those pretty waves is by B. Jones and also this one using one of those curling wands.
The tools you need:
1 inch curling iron - I like Revlon's ceramic version
Hairspray - I use Pantene's classic in light hold so it stays but your hair is still touchable
A boar bristle brush - it smooths and makes hair shiny.
Also, start with hair that has some product in it, like a styling foam or mousse. You'll need your hair to have some holding power - second day hair works too!
I decided to do a video instead of pictures because I figured it would be easier to follow. This is my first video blog, so be kind! ;) Also, I sped up parts of the tutorial to shorten the video so you might see me talking in those parts but not hear anything - I'm not saying anything important!
Another great hair tutorial for those pretty waves is by B. Jones and also this one using one of those curling wands.
i LOOOVE this! you did SUCH an awesome job kara!!! you should do more video tutorial/features! fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess. I'm not how to do many more things to my hair besides a blowout, but I'll think of some stuff ;)
DeleteFun! I will have to try this!
ReplyDeleteKara, you did a great job! You're a video pro! Some ladies videos are hard to follow, you did great and I definitely wanna try this! My hair is so limp, we'll see how it turns out :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so beautiful, Kara!! Love this!!
ReplyDeletegreat job! i loved the way you sectioned off your hair...this is very helpful for me since i struggle with that part the most. i can't wait to try it out tomorrow night for date night!
ReplyDeleteLoved your tutorial! Makes me wish I had long hair!
ReplyDeleteYour hair is gorgeous! Thank you for doing this! I'm going to try it even though my hair seems way less thick than yours.
ReplyDeleteFunny cause my hair is NOT thick at all! I just have a lot of it. Sometimes I use a thickening spray before I dry it to help. The curl makes it look thicker - hope this works for you! :)
Deleteyeah you are a hair goddess,,,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!! I'm definitely going to give it a go xx
ReplyDeleteI was just about to ask how you did your hair like that. Thanks so much for te tutorial!!
ReplyDeleteLoved this!!
ReplyDeleteYou should do some of your suppers on video!! so fun!
This was adorable! I have a ton of hair so Im pretty sure it wouldn't look 1/2 as cute. I usually wish I had long hair, grow it out, then chop it off because it won't do anything. Maybe I should at least give it a chance b4 chopping it off this time.
ReplyDeleteVery helpful! I'm just learning this technique so the way you did the back of your hair was very helpful to see. You are beautiful and this video was a delight to watch.
ReplyDeleteBekah~
Thanks Kara! Great tutorial!!
ReplyDeleteYou just rocked my hair stylin world!
ReplyDeleteI have been curling my hair for years and never loved the results. A few small changes (hair spray before, brushing it out and mostly - letting it set before brushing) and viola! LOVE how it curls now!! Thank you!
I am expecting (after years of infertility) and just week ahead of you so I love reading your updates. And I am addicted to your recipes you post - makes everything look so easy and delish! Best of luck with the last trimester we are about to enter! And congrats!! I know your journey has been a long one.
Thanks for your blog! ~ R