| I was really worried about posting a picture of myself in a bikini. I definitely had a bigger weight gain this month so am feeling a little big ;) Oh well, this is me! |
How far along: 27 Weeks
Baby's size: 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long - the size of a cauliflower
Sleep: Awful last Monday - Thursday - I woke up on Monday with a sharp pain in my tailbone and then went on a girl's beach vacation in Charleston where I slept in a queen size bed with Lorean, who is also pregnant! Needless to say it was a tight squeeze.
Friday - Sunday I was at another beach house with our small group and slept in a king sized bed. I finally got enough space in that bed with all the pillows I need to sleep ok!!
Maternity Clothes: Yes, mostly maternity clothes, but I am still wearing some non-maternity tops and maxi dresses. I got this maxi dress from the Roxy store in Charleston this weekend.
Food cravings: Lemonade and fruit. And ice cream. Always ice cream.
Food aversions: None.
Symptoms I have: Intense and sharp tailbone pain when I sit down and get up from a sitting position. I am going to get an adjustment at the chiropractor tomorrow morning per my midwife's instructions. I also have a pre-natal massage scheduled for this Saturday.
Also, I am getting sharp pain in my gall bladder every time I eat a fatty meal - I'm eating a lot of salad this week ;)
Doctor’s Appointment: It was this morning - baby is measuring a little big, but her heartbeat is nice and strong. Her head is most likely the cause of my tailbone pain because she is head down and my placenta is posterior in my uterus - no buffer between her noggin and my spine! I have the glucose test and RH shot next Friday too.
Movement: All day long, but mostly after a meal.
Belly Button: Innie still! I burned it a little this week at the beach.
Gender: Girl! Name reveal to come...
What I’m looking forward to: Taking pictures of the nursery so I can post them on the blog! Since we are refinishing the floors in the master bedroom and office this week, I'll wait until next week to take them because the nursery will be storing all our clothes during the reno!
What I miss: Sitting down without pain!

I love that top! You look fantastic Kara!
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous!! Beautiful baby bump & momma!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Kara: you look so beautiful!!!! Look at that beautiful belly!! Youa are positively glowing!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you look FAB! I love when pregnant women wear bikinis. Embrace those lovely baby curves!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a pretty pregnant mama. That tailbone pain does not sound like a good time, but it's wonderful to see you looking so happy regardless. :)
ReplyDeleteYou rock that bikini - go mama!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! When else can we fully embrace baring a big belly in a two piece :).
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh I can't wait to hear the name!! Xx
ReplyDeleteOh Em gee you look adorable!!!! I rocked the bikini last summer and was totallyyy self conscious but I love looking at the pics now! Don't worry about baby buttons measuring big - I was literally in labor in the hospital and they were stil telling me Lucy would be 7lbs14oz....turns out she was SIX lbs and 14oz. Measuring isn't totally a guess on their part but they're certainly not always right!
ReplyDeleteGood to know because I was worried when they said she was measuring big!
Deleteyou look great! Can't wait to see the nursery pictures!
ReplyDeleteSO cute. You look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! One of my good friends had some gall bladder issues during her pregancy (she is due June 21st) and started taking hydrangae (sp?) oil every day. She had the same issue as you after eating a fatty meal. Since taking the oil, she rarely has any pain. Just a thought!
ReplyDeleteGreat advice, thank you!!
DeleteLove you rocking the bikini! I was pregnant last summer (my son was born in late August), and it was just too hot to think about anything else! I was always a bit self conscious in the bikini, so I love seeing other mamas embracing it too!
ReplyDeleteoh my, you look gorgeous! Pregnancy looks terrific on you, Kara :)
ReplyDeleteNo need to feel worried - you look beautiful! I'm curious to know where you got your bikini from? I'm always looking for cute and supportive tops!
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely, no need to worry. Pretty sure I was twice your size at this point in my pregnancy lol. I had lots of pelvic pain too during my pregnancy, and there wasn't really anything that helped but.. it all went away after my baby was born. :)
ReplyDeleteyou look beautiful!! Love the belly! :) I cant wait to get to post weekly updates on my pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO beautiful and I am so excited for you!!! :)
ReplyDelete