How far along: 28 Weeks
Baby's size: 2 and 1/4 pounds and about 14 1/2 inches long - the size of a Chinese cabbage.
Sleep: Eh... it's not great, it's not terrible. Since Matt was refinishing the floors in the master bedroom and office from Friday - Sunday we either slept on our bed in the living room or at my parent's house.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, yes. There are still a few skirts and shirts I can wear that are non-maternity but they aren't very comfortable! I wore two maxi dresses this weekend and they were both from Roxy (empire waist is the best).
Food cravings: Same - citrus, ice cream.
Food aversions: None.
Symptoms I have: I still have pretty intense sacrum pain when I sit down and get up from a sitting position. I've had two adjustments at the chiropractor and a pre-natal massage this past week. They have absolutely helped, but I think the baby and my job of sitting a lot is counteracting all the help.
Doctor’s Appointment: I have the glucose test and RH shot this Friday.
Movement: Baby girl is crazy! She is head down and her legs are right up in my ribcage all. day. long.
Belly Button: Still an innie.
Gender: Girl!
What I’m looking forward to: Posting pictures of the nursery - soon, I promise! The floors getting redone last week put the house in chaos.
What I miss: Sitting down without pain. Getting up from a seated position without pain.
so adorable!!! Love your belly!! Great dress too!
ReplyDeleteHello Kara,
ReplyDeleteYou are inspirational and I am addicted to your blog. When pregnant with my son two years ago, I would have enjoyed reading.
You look lovely,
love from the suburds of Paris, France
Laurence-I am a girl- who thinks you will be the best mom ever
You look so fabulous!! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat dress, you look beautiful!! Happy Mother's Day, Mama!!!
ReplyDeleteon the subject of your belly button, it might never pop--mine never did in any of my three pregnancies, and i wondered about this all the way up to the end of the last one, when a random midwife remarked that it was probably because all of my babies were posterior--meaning that they would have emerged face up rather than face down (not to be confused with head-up, as in breech) if they hadn't shifted during labor. so i guess that meant they were exerting pressure somewhere else, not behind my navel, and so it never popped. just one of those random pregnancy tidbits you might like to know....
ReplyDeleteSo interesting! I wonder if it will. It has seemed "on the verge" for almost two months now :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou look so incredibly happy! It's quite contagious and has made my day :)
ReplyDeletehttp://inmydoantime.blogspot.com
You look great! Have you tried a maternity belt for the back pain? I got one about 6 weeks ago and while it doesn't totally eliminate the back pain, it has reduced it significantly ... for me at least!
ReplyDeleteI have not, but I am going to the chiropractor and doing a lot of exercizes to strengthen my back and hip muscles. It's starting to help!
DeleteGaa that dress is so cute! Is it one of the Roxy ones?
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you're already 28 weeks, I feel like I just read your announcement post. Time flies, eh?
Yes it's the Roxy one I bought a few weeks ago in Charleston - it was on sale, thank goodness.
DeleteGirlfriend, do you have one of those pregnancy sleep pillows?? I had the Snoogle (think that was the name...) and it was seriously the best pregnancy purchase by far! They're a little pricey, think it was around $60 at Buy Buy Baby, but SO worth it! I was even sad to give it up after baby girl arrived...we decided we wanted the extra room back inthe bed though!
ReplyDeleteI don't. :( I need to get one.
Delete