Warning - picture heavy!
As I mentioned
here, Matt and I spent the last two weeks finishing two rooms of our home - the master bedroom and our office. Last spring when we refinished the floors in the living room, dining room and hallway, we had to leave these two rooms alone as we had no other place to store furniture.
Both rooms needed the carpet pulled up, floors sanded, stained and poly'd, plus new baseboards, shoe molding and door and window frames. Here are the before and afters:
Before
 |
| Office |
 |
| Office without the furniture |
 |
| Office without the furniture |
 |
| Master bedroom |
Right before the we redid the floors, we rearranged the furniture to see if a new layout worked - and it did!
 |
| Master - that carpet is nasty! |
During
 |
| We had to put our bed in the living room and all our clothes and dressers in the nursery! |
The finished product!
 |
| Office floors |
 |
| Office floors |
 |
| Office after! |
 |
| Office after! |
 |
| Master floors |
 |
| Master floors |
 |
| Master floors |
 |
| Master with furniture! |
 |
| I still need to buy curtains for the windows... |
 |
| Matching nightstands, lamps and a new duvet from Target |
I am so thankful to finally have a grown up bedroom - in the seven plus years of marriage, Matt and I have never had a really nice duvet cover or matching night stands or lamps. I know this might seem insignificant, but when your bedroom still looks like a dorm room it can stress you out (or at least stress me out!)
Hope you enjoyed the before and afters!
Future Post: The finished nursery!!! So excited to show you those photos!
Can you tell me where the desk/shelving unit is from? I'm looking for something exactly like that. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe one in the office? Matt built it custom for the space so you can't find it in stores ;)
Deletei know exactly what you mean about bedroom furniture....i'm 40 years old and 13 years married and i STILL don't have real furniture in my bedroom! there's always something else we need more....but i sure wish my bedroom looked like it belonged to grownups! every time we move into a new house i say "this time we're getting a bedroom set!" and so far it's never happened.... your remodel looks great. be grateful for a husband who knows how to do stuff!
ReplyDeleteKara the floors look fantastic!! And I love y'alls bedroom, looks amazing! Now just waiting on baby :)
ReplyDeleteKara everything looks great! Wood flooring is amazing, and looks great in your cozy house! Can't wait to see what you'll do to the baby's room!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it so rewarding to see the results? We've had to refinish a couple wood floors here (one was totally covered in glue under the carpet) and once it was all done it made such a huge difference. I love the way your rooms came together and that lovely blue paint color.
ReplyDeleteAlso, can't wait to see the little one's room! :)
So the bed in your office just LOOKS like it's floating...right...? Or do you have a floating bed?
ReplyDeleteOh that would be cool! But no it's on a platform with 4 legs - its just hard to see it in the photos.
DeleteGahhhh it all looks sooo good!! The floors are gorge and you clearly have great taste! And that DUVET! Shut the front door - target?! I would have said west elm. Do you love it?
ReplyDeleteThe duvet is Target but it's totally a West Elm knock off. I love it!!
DeleteLove the new look! It's amazing what a little "ripping up an old carpet" can do!
ReplyDeleteHi just found your blog via AT. The floors are lovely. Mind sharing what stain color you used? Thx!
ReplyDeleteIt's called "Provincial" by Sherwin Williams. Our original floors had a lot of red in them and this dark stain still let some red tones deep through.
Delete