The weekly recipe posts are expanding - I am going to start featuring recipes for other meals, snacks, and desserts!
I made this quiche for my friend Jessica's baby shower last weekend. I substituted the biscuits because I didn't have pie crust and it worked perfect!
Ingredients
1 can butter biscuits
15 grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise once
3/4 - 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
8 large eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray your pie pan with cooking spray
and start to line with the biscuits - you'll want to flatten them with
your hand first, then line one by one, ensuring that the edges overlap a
little. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect - it'll bake just fine!
Whisk your eggs into a nice liquid, add the spinach, tomatoes, cheese
and mix well. Add in some salt and pepper to taste (I vote going lighter
on the salt since the biscuits have salt in them).
Pour the mixture into the pie pan and bake on the bottom rack for 20
minutes, then move to the top rack for an additional 15 minutes (or
until the center is totally solid - you can check with a fork or
toothpick).
Serves 8. I like to serve with fresh fruit and some juice or coffee. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for commenting!!